HIV Prevention Community
exposure

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

exposure

Dear Sir Teak,

I have had an exposure with a high risk Filipino prostitute two weeks back. I had oral sex and vaginal sex, both protected but with the same condom. The vaginal sex was very long and for more than 20 minutes. I removed the condom correctly but forgot to wash my penis and slept off like that.
Am I at risk? Im asking because now I have developed fever and dry cough. Shall I test or can i move on with my life?
you had NO risk and do not need testing.

KUDOS for having safe sex ! ! !
Madam,
Thank you for your assurance. The reason I asked you is because I had removed the condom and had touched my penis again and again. I'm not cirumscised and i had touched my mucous membrane after removing the condom and it had her juices. so it could have passed from my hands to the penis. Im sorry for the details but i want your opinion.
also, i didn't wash till the next day. My doctor is saying there is a small risk and asking me for a test.
Now I'm scared.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Oh wow Im so glad I heard from you Mr. Teak. No wonder God is taking care of you and I'm sure millions are getting benefited from the good work you , madam lizzy and others are doing.
One thing sir. Shall i test as my doctor said or shall i forget this whole scenario and move on?
shall i be worried about my dry cough and fever?
No risk means no reason to test.
sir , madam sorry for the trouble. just received news that she is positive. I confirmed with her today. does that make any difference to your assessment on my case?
my worry is that im uncircumscised and also I didn't wash after the exposure. her juices were on my penis bottom and I could have touched my urethra with her juices on my hand while attempting to close the skin.
kindly advise.
Reread the post from Teak on how HIV is transmitted.