HIV Prevention Community
fatigue, tiredness, hangover feeling (without drinkng) flu like symtoms...

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

fatigue, tiredness, hangover feeling (without drinkng) flu like symtoms(symptoms) and pins and needles

hello can sum1 please help me over a month ago i noticed i was starting to get tired very easierly this got worse i started feeling very weak and was experiencing a hangover feeling everyday without drinking any alcohol :S i thought the feeling would go away but never did i also tested positive over a yr ago for genital herpez which are reacurring about twice a month heres a list of symtoms (symptoms) i have been experiencing
fatigue
tiredness (after long hrs of sleping)
reacurring herpez (about twice a month)
flu like symtoms (symptoms) (just recent, could be due to weather change)
headaches
pins and needles in hands and feet
tingling in face and scalp
started to feel sick
i suffer with depression which has recently got server i had the implant incerted abt a month ago (after i gt these symtoms (symptoms) so dont thnk it could be due to that although they have got alot worse) but the depression worsening could be due to the implant .
i have had a few blood test's for anemia, blood count and diabetes, all came back normal.
i am extremly worried about all my symtoms (symptoms) incase i have something really wrong with me i have been looking up symtoms (symptoms) online and i have symtoms (symptoms) of hiv and a brain tumour (probly wasnt the best idea to check symtoms (symptoms) on google) i got tested for hiv about 4 months ago and whilst i was waiting for my results (which came back negative) i managed to convince myself i had the virus.....i really do not want to put myself through that again and really need peace of mind for what ele these symtoms (symptoms) could be!.......someone help!
Avatar n tn
I'm not one of the experts here, but from what I know, HIV is not diagnosed through symptoms. Also, a negative HIV test 3 months post exposure would mean that you are negative. Hope that helps.
If you have not put yourself at risk since your negative HIV result i.e. had unprotected sex or shared iv drugs, then you do not need to re-test.

Symptoms are not an indicator or HIV, the only way you can be sure is to undergo a test - which you have, and it was negative.

Worrying is only going to make your symptoms worse.  I would say that the main root of this problem is psychological, not physical.

Consult a doctor about your symptoms, but I can tell you with confidence that If you have tested negative and NOT engaged in any risky behaviour I stated before then you are fine.

Your symptoms will not be connected to HIV

Hope this helps
did you have a risk ? i had smiler symptoms
  dear teak
]is pins and needles in hands and feet and
tingling in face and scalp symptoms of ars?
Did you have an exposure?
im not sure if he did or not ,,but i would like to know that if thoseaymptoms of hiv ?
HIV has no specific systems. Symptoms or lack of will never tell you your status. The only way to know your status if you have had an exposure is by testing. You can test if you had an exposure 3 months post exposure for a conclusive result.
my history i had pins and needles in my hands and feets after  week of the risk...but i tested negative at 12 weeks with dou test ?pin and niddles started after 2 weeks and lasted 8 weeks
What was your exposure?
had a sex with sex worker vaginal sex (condom broke)
You have a conclusive negative test result, you don't have HIV.
Avatar n tn
thank you so much for your comments, but i did put myself at risk after the test i had unrotected sex with someone i was seeing only once. i know the risk levels are quite low and that is even if he was a carrier. its just all the symtoms (symptoms) i am getting, im freeking myself out!
Avatar n tn
yes i have, only once, what was the outcome of your symptoms?
Avatar n tn
sorry last msgd was for carlos uk
How long long after the risk you start feeling pins and niddles? Tell me excatly please
Avatar n tn
it was about 5 months ago i came into contact but the pins and needles only started about 2 or 3 weeks ago
Is ur pins niddles painfull?? Plus u havent put ur self risk again since 5 months??
Avatar n tn
no not really painful its more of a tingling feeling but certain part of my foot go numb to and no i havnt
Well i didnt have other symptoms. My pins and needles started 2 weeks after the risk and lasted 8 weeks. Plus become painful last to weeks. Then i went my gp and my doctor giving me anti alergy (allergy) tablet and withing the week all gone. How ever i done hiv test after 12 weeks and came negative
Avatar n tn
oh ok thts good to know that your ok :) i have just worked out the dates and its actually exactly 4 months i came into contact not 5! hopfully im ok and have nothing to worry about :)
I did think mines was due to hiv and worried so much  
But the test mean everthing.  If i were you i would just do hiv test and get worry away
Avatar n tn
yes that is what i will do, il go and get one today :)
Please let me know how u get on. I have been there too    
All the best
Hi did u have the test done??
Avatar n tn
no i have an appointment tomorrow morning do you know how accurate the hour test's are? becuase i dont want to wait 2 weeks for my results but a nurse told me on the hour test's you can have false positives :s
im not sure anything about testing ...as i tested 4th generation combo test ..i had to wait 2 weeks for my result..

do u think the last person you put ur self at risk?most likely hiv pos?

and what was ur risk ?
Avatar n tn
no i really dont, when i think about it i think they couldnt have it they sseem clean and most partners i have had have either been protected or unprotected with people i think will not have STI's its just the symptoms that are making me so paranoid! im starting to think thoughts about living with hiv cause im starting to convince myself its awful i really hope i am ok i will let you knw of my outcome, thank you for youur support :)
well if  you dont think ur partners didnt have stds there is no way u can get hiv....

and looks like pins and needles not a symptom of hiv...i never read or seen anywhere...have you ?
Avatar n tn
yes i have but i dont think its a bad as what i have it sems to be getting worse and i starting to itch now it jusst seems lik i have a symptom everywhere in my body :(
pins and niddles all over ur body u mean ?
i had excaty same...where did you read that pins and needles symptom due to hiv??
dear teak

have you ever heard that pins and needles due to hiv?in the window period ?or afterwords?
please help us ?
Avatar n tn
i cant remember i just searched hiv symtoms (symptoms) on google are you still worried?
well kinda now again even i have resultsand  dont know 12 weeks results good enought..

but i never seen or read on google search...i did search more that month b4 my results ..

carlos_uk-No not with primary HIV infection.

joely784- Move on, you don't have an HIV concern.
Avatar n tn
oh ok maybe it isnt then and you dont need to worry yours has come back negative :) we do need teak tho i hope he replys
Avatar n tn
hi teak even though i have all these symptoms? and have ad unprotected sex? if you dont mind me asking i hope you dont think im inconsiderate and ignorant to your feelings but what is your story? how did you cme nto contact? and did you have symptoms?
thank you dear teak

you put cold water on my heart...i was worried again..but i take your words

joely 785 you relax too
what  kind  of  test  are  u  having  tomoorow  i  had  4th  generation  tests and  an  insti test
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Avatar n tn
ok but i dont see how that is relivant in anyway? we are looking for reasurrance and advice and to be honest i see you on everyones forum's so what is the problem? i dont really care for that and really dont see why you felt te need to tell me that :s was not he answer to the question i very politely asked
Avatar n tn
and mandie 772 what is an insti test? is that the one that gives you results in a hour? i do wannt that one but ave been told i could recieve a false positive :s
The problem is you have a conclusive test result and you have been advised that you don't have HIV. Now you continue to post which is a forum guideline violation.

i got tested for hiv about 4 months ago and whilst i was waiting for my results (which came back negative)
Hi mate.
Hope ur test was a negative
hi  joely yeah  here  in  uk  it  is  a  fingerprick  test  and  u  get  ur  results  right  away  thats  what  the  test is  called  insti
Avatar n tn
heyy guys! i know mandie i live in the uk but 4 sum reason says u.s i got the test and my results back 2day and i am NEGATIVE! thnk god! it just shows that most of us are so paranoid and carlos the health advisor told me that you cant get hiv symptoms unless you have been infected for years annd are becoming really ill so we all need to stop worryng and gett on with our lifes! take care to all of you and thank you so much for your support xxx
Im happy to hear that. All the best