HIV Prevention Community
first day on PEP with past history.

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

first day on PEP with past history.

Hey gys,

I'm a bit nervous because I just took PEP and I don't know what the side effects are so maybe you can help out with it.

I've been having pains in my right abdomen for about a month now but my liver enzymes are normal.  I'm still a bit scared because it is where my liver is.

Yesterday, I has receptive anal sex with a stranger.  I put a condom on him and he was doing what he was doing. Then he said, I THINK SOME ONES COMING,  So I look around and looked behind me.  Saw that the condom with lube was on the floor and his zipper was ziped up.  Didn't think anything of it.  Went home and pooped.  I saw a glob of his semen in the toilet and was going to kill myself.  

My possible exposure before this one was 4 months ago. It was anal receptive without condom with a guy I barely knew who I can't get in touch with. I came down with flu symptoms and was told to test at 3 months and then 6 months and then a year because I got really sick.  

So my result was negative today before I started pep.  I wanted to know if my testing window period will change for the sexual encounter that took place 4 months ago or should I trust in a 4 month negative??????

PEP treatment is 1 month.  

When should I test again.

I've had the worst luck any guy can have.  I didn't have sex for 4 months and the one day I decided to cruise, I got violated.

Will pep have a bad effect on me if I am  infected and don't know it from the 4 month issue?  
I also wanted to know if pep can cause false positives?
3 months after your last dose of pep. If you received a negative 3 month test after your first unprotected sex then you have no concern of contracting HIV from that exposure.
PEP can cause false negatives.
does pep have hiv in it?
how long does pep cause false positives for?  Do you recommend that I stop taking it?  Or should I continue treatment?
I mean, false negatives?
OH YEAH! And can pep cause a person to test positive for hiv if they were exposed to a lit bit of the virus in the past?
Wasn't any of this explained to you by the doctor?
no. I just want to know if pep has hiv in it.  and if it would cause a problem if I was exposed to hiv in the past.
why would you even think that PEP has HIV in it???? Of course it doesn't!!!