HIV Prevention Community
fresh hiv blood on food

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

fresh hiv blood on food

Hi,today we had a party and the meat was prepared by my uncle who is HIV POSITIVE.he was cut accidentally and the blood dripped onto the meat and I ate the meat.the meat was contaminated with fresh HIV blood.do I need pep❔do I need testing
No you do not need testing. .

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Even if the blood is on the meat and it is fresh and I consume the meat there is no risk stil❔please answer am so stressed
I am sorry but I do not believe the story. But Teak read and understood what you asked and answered you.
Wish u were here...it is true it happens.does eating contaminated meat with HIV blood a risk❔please answer to ease up my mind
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Please answer me directly ...put yourself in my shoes and understand what am going,through
did you eat  the meat uncooked with blood on it? how many blood did it spill enough to cover the whole meat?
It was cooked meat it spilled a bit like 7 drops of fresh blood.does it pose a HIV risk if consumed❔
No, as Teak told you why it is not a risk.
by the time you eat it the virus is already dead =D
So no risk ? And no testing,? Am free to have unprotected sex with my girlfriend
No risk, no testing.

We can't advise you what to do and not do with your gf. But you did not get HIV from the above incident.