HIV Prevention Community
frottage and cuts

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

frottage and cuts

I have always had an obsession with if i have hiv. recently I had penis between butt cheeks frottage about a week ago. During this my penis touched the girls vagina once or twice and vaginal fluid was exposed to my penis very briefly.  I had a tiny scab about the size of a tip of a pen for about a week before this. My question is if the scab came off from the frottage could the vaginal fluid get into the cut?  Why is it that some websites say there is a small risk of frottage? And since people say it doesnt live WELL outside the body isnt there a risk still? please help
Frottage is in no way a risk of HIV transmission. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Teak thank you very much,

1) Can you please just tell me why other sites say its possible? Is it because it can stay alive a couple seconds but not reproduce? If that is the case why is blood to blood contact a risk?

2) Would this tiny cut be too small to be infected anyway? Does it matter that the cut is right by the tube that goes down the penis?

If you answer you will be saving me so much worrying
We can't make comments on what incorrect information you've received elsewhere, but what we can say is that you never had an exposure.
Understood..can you please answer this (last ?'s)

Would this tiny cut be too small to be infected anyway? Does it matter that the cut is right by the tube that goes down the penis?

Also , is it unable to reproduce because the air killed it or because it just cant reproduce outside of the body? because if it is still alive seconds out of the body there would be a chance if it directly went to cut or penis right?

I understand i had no risk but my mind will keep telling me i did unless i understand why there isnt a risk
I can't help what your mind tells you and I've read your post completely, no risk.
Thank you very much for your help, so if it were you, you would not worry about testing then?
Not just to teak, Does any one else have an answer??
would i know if i penetrates her?
Yes you would have known if you penetrated her.
so the fluid i felt was from the outside?
Ok this WILL be my last question.  I understand that risk only relates to penetration. But the thing I am wondering is what is considered penetration exactly to be at risk? Is penis between vaginal lips penetration? Or is penetration only when penis goes through the "hole" that makes it feel tight around the penis?
really?  you really dont know what PENETRATION is?
I know what it is but is it "considered" penetration when in vagina lips or only when it using the hole that feels tight??? Can you please answer that, I just don't know what you guys consider it
* when it is in the hole
penetration is when you ENTER a vagina / anus...NOT on the outside of the vagina / anus.
So the vaginal lips are considered outside or inside of vagina
correct ! ! !  by george, i think you've got it ! ! !  
Can you answer the question for me teak. What part of the vagina is considered a risk? The vaginal lips or the actual hole?
OUTSIDE ! ! !  geeeez