HIV Prevention Community
hello pls help me
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hello pls help me

i am a male nurse-midwife living in the philippines one week ago after a drinking session i had unprotected sex with a female sex worker i am diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and Mania. i have a girlfriend that i really love but sex is so tempting for people like me who are suffering from mania i only had unprotected sex once in my life. I am circumcised btw i know that it reduces my risk far greater than those who were not.. help me please! i am planning to submit myself for ELISA or even Western blot... when shall i have myself tested i really am crying every night because of what happened help me pls
Blank
cannot classify as high risk, one time exposure is low chance to catch hiv if even she have hiv, testing is warranted to know your status

be relax and get tested at 6 weeks after exposure, if negative you will continue to test negative at 3 months conclusive result

Stay well
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If it was unprotected penetrative vaginal or anal sex then you had a risk and require testing.One week is to early to test.At 6 weeks you will receive a more reliable result.Test for other STD,s aswell.All the best.
Blank
hello thanks for the reply but does it mean that i have a high risk?
Blank
cannot classify as high risk, one time exposure is low chance to catch hiv if even she have hiv, testing is warranted to know your status

be relax and get tested at 6 weeks after exposure, if negative you will continue to test negative at 3 months conclusive result

Stay well
Blank
Your 3 month post exposure test will be conclusive.
Blank
what test should i take at six weeks? the ELISA or will one of those rapid screening test do?
Blank
what test should i take at six weeks? the ELISA or will one of those rapid screening test do?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...