HIV Prevention Community
help me!! oral sex then an abrasion near head of penis

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I had an oral sex with a massage girl. She gave me a blow job. she also touched her vaginal fluids to my penis when oral. When finished in about 6 minutes, I felt normal, but when I came home, I washed the penis and felt painful a little bit, then I saw there is an abrasion. It possibly caused by her intense oral. I'm very worried that if in case that girl has bleeding in her mouth or  her vaginal fluids touch the abrasion on the penis. DO I have a risk of HIV transmission? It has been 48 hours passed. Do I need PEP? I could not sleep in 2 days, thinking about the worst scenario. May be some experts please answer me? Sorry for my bad English :((((    
Tags: Oral, sex, penis, abrasion, help me, head of penis
all night long, I found info on the internet that if there is abrasion on penis and she bleed in her mouth, there is possibly H transmission. Could u or some one explain to me whether there really is a risk or not? I extremely anxious, and confuse whether to use PEP or not, it just 24 hour more, please help me !! :(
thank you, although your answer made me feel better, but the info I read is on CDC. IT said there is possibility in that case, that what made me feel worried a lot. Could some Dr give me an assurance that I do not need PEP in that case? I 'm very anxious since 2 days passed.
No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who believe that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." Dr. Hook
"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK
"I would not say your risk ,if he had HIV is "slim to none"- that's too high.  I would say they are effectively zero.  How much of his ejaculate or other genital  secretions you may have swallowed makes no difference.  EWH "
"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow." Dr.Hook
sorry for disturbing u guys, but I want to make it clear. My abrasion is on the tiny vascular, and near the pee hole, when I came home, i see it is red. Until now, it is not painful, nor bleeding but it is still red. I wonder if it is an open wound when she was oral. Is this change your statement at all?? I'm very grateful to get your replies asap. Because of that I still confused about using PEP or not, time is passing :((((
You never had a arisk and you do not need nPEP.
It passed 72 hours, and i'm kinda concerned that when my abrasion could be fresh bleed by the scratch of her teeth, is there possible blood to blood contact or her vaginal fluid touched  that fresh bleed. And is this transmission of HIV? I try to be calm but thinking of this made me freaking anxious. Sorry again if it is not different. But please clarify to me about this :((
Some one please read my comments, I am freaking worried when thinking of that case. Promise do not ask for more explanation after this one!! :((((
Please do not listen to a word that snowandrain has to say he is uneducated when it comes to HIV and risks, I would discount anything that he has said on your post.

Your situation is most definitley no risk, you would not have needed nPEP and you most certainly do not need to test.

It doesn't matter at all if you had an abrasion on your penis, HIV is not transmitted in this manner.  Never has been.
To answer your PM, you never had a risk even if there was blood in their mouth.