HIV Prevention Community
help teak

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

help teak

hello,

despite the low risk or the situation, there are a few things concerning me that i would like to ask:

last january i received unprotected BJ from a CSW, i know the low risk of this, but my symptoms after that worried me and made me think of that.

45 days after exposure, ganglion swelling with no pain under muy chin
never had a ganglion like this ever
2 months later, rash on penis that could have been candida, lasted like a month an a half and dermatologist said just irritation but not sure.

1)do i need testing?

2)can i keep unprotected with girlfriend without worrying?

thanks in advance
I think it would be beneficial for you to get tested to ease your mind, but while you are waiting please protect your girlfriend just in case.
teak can you give a comment on this particular situation please
you had no risk.

this is an extract of a post from Dr. Jose Garcia.  I think it might help :

"The risk of contracting HIV through oral sex is negligible, mostly theoretical, and this applies to performing oral sex, not recieving oral sex.  There have been no reported cases of anyone becoming infected through receiving oral sex".  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---International/HIV-Concerns-from-Oral/show/1705997

Another thing that might calm you a bit :
ARS symtoms (symptoms) dont come in phases, if they come, they come all together.

hope this helps.

FROM THE HIV EXPERTS HERE AT MEDHELP:

"As you know from other posts about oral sex, our stance is that giving or receiving oral sex is not a risk for HIV.  Some others suggest that there is an appreciable risk of HIV from oral sex however, there are no convincing scientific reports which support these statements.  The presence of a burn in your mouth, or a sore, or ingestion of blood does not change this.  Still no risk an no reason for testing."  DR HOOK

"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow"  DR HOOK

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex.  The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way.  Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk".  There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANDSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Please educate yourself about the real risks.  If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. "   DR HANDSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..."   DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?  
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

The observation on thousand and thousand of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort).  DR. HOOK

"With regard to the question you ask, I will repeat, as I’ve said more times than I can think- there are NO credible cases in which persons have acquired HIV through performance of oral sex- none!!.  The chance that you will be the first is ridiculously low.  You are more likely to be hit by lightening while reading my reply to you. DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." DR HOOK

"There is no credible evidence that HIV is spread through oral sex, with or without the presence of cuts or blood in the persons mouth."- DR HOOK

"Oral sex. there is no evidence that HIV is spread through giving or receiving oral sex"- DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread through oral sex."  DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread through giving or receiving oral sex"   DR HOOK
teak?
No risk.
teak have you read the symptoms i had? no testing necessary?can i move on?
If you are concerned about your symptoms see your doctor, They don't have anything to do with HIV.
ok, so no testing necessary thats correct?i can move on?
teak?
can i move on?
Why would you need testing if you had no risk? Of course you can move on.
teak?
GO BACK AND RE-READ WHAT "TEAK" TOLD YOU.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
sorry lizzie, just wanted to be sure im anxious about the symptoms and dont want to do any harm to my girlfriend