HIV Prevention Community
help!

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

help!

help!

If an HIV positive person who does not have a very good oral hygiene spit in my eye a conversation, and saliva into it can contract HIV?

What is the chance?

Saliva kills or neutralizes the virus?

The virus exists in the saliva? how much of it?

thank you!
Tags: people, virus, HIV, saliva contaminates
Saliva is not infectious and actually destroys the HIV virus.
THANK YOU! but if the saliva kills HIV discovered the cure? I'm confused!
It's not a cure,saliva can't do anything for the HIV virus in the body.It only destroys it in the mouth--this is why oral sex is not a risk.
tell me if you know someone with HIV can infect me spit in my eye? and why?
No it would not be a risk because the saliva would have destroyed the HIV virus,thats why you can share food and drinks with HIV+ people and there would be no risk of infection.If HIV+ blood got in your eye without saliva then that would be a different story.
my translator translating this just some parts and I'm not American, I'm sorry! is that a person spit in my eye unintentionally. and so worried! because I do not know how far the virus resite saliva. further that the eye is a mucosal
?
Like I said,spit or saliva in the eye is not a risk for HIV transmission but if you got infected blood in your eye like say a lab worker then there is a risk.