HIV Prevention Community
high wbc and high lymphocytes
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

high wbc and high lymphocytes

DR hello i am a man from greece .8 years ago i had a posible exposion to the virus with a stripper when i fingured her anus  .it was dark after finishing i saw blood on my fingers i didnt have any cuts but i am worried to death since then.
.i am so afraid that  i hadn't have routine blood tests since then(2000). finally i found the courage to do a routine blood test some days ago and the results is that(hematocryt:45,HBG:16,RBC:5400,WBC:10600,lymphocytes:40,3%,and absolute lymphocytes:4,3,and  placelets:258).Now my questions are these: 1)is the the elevated WBC ,ABSOLUTE LYMPHOCYTES a sign of ayptomatic stage of hiv infection? i have read that an hiv positive has elevated WBC AND LYMPHOCYTES during the asyptomatic period because the immume system fights the hiv virus .this stage could last for above 10 years .2)i feel something in my lymphnodes i dont know what exactly is and i cant say if they are swollen ,but i feel from time to time some pain under the armpits but when i touch them i cant say if they are swollen or not.could you please notify me how a swollen lymh node is? sorry for my english doc .i would appreciate if you answered me analitically in my two questions as soon as possible .thank you for listening me and thanks for the  information you provide throught that site.