HIV Prevention Community
hiv from open wound

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

hiv from open wound

i had an open wound in my penis (not bleeding but 8 hours old) and i had a non vaginal sexual encounter with a sex worker (penetrated and ejaculated in between her upper thighs) with a condom. but after the incident, i noticed that my condom was slipped exposing the wound and there was some reddish spots on her thighs. i am panic now. can someone tell what is my hiv risk?
No risk.
thanks Teak for the reassurance. but it looked like a broken small pimples on her thighs. is the risk still zero?
No risk.
Dear Teak,

Thanks a lot and i want to clarify one more point.... if two non bleeding wounds (but fresh showing the flesh) contact each other, what is the risk of HIV transmission if one of them is HIV positive.  
Absolutely none.
Any cuts, abrasions, cracked cuticles, and etc. does not pose any HIV transmission. Please take note that the virus becomes in.active when it is expose in the air. The skin acts as a excellent barrier to the virus.  Our skin is composed of several layers and begin healing immediately, so small cuts,abrasions and etc.. cannot transmit HIV.

A transmission from open wound requires a WOUND that needs medical attention.