HIV Prevention Community
hiv in the cell outside the body

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

hiv in the cell outside the body

hello experts, I know that hiv is inactive once it is outside the body, I just want to know because hiv is both in cell and serum, can cell protect hiv and prevent hiv from being damaged when exposed to air?  The hiv in the cell also is inactive upon contact with air? thank you so much!

can you answer my that question? I am really confused because I was cut by other's knife and after that I am afraid HIV so much...Thank you!!!
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
thank you, you are really good person that reply me so quickly, so  I just want to CONFIRM again that  hiv in the cell outside is the same fragile as hiv in serum outside  that make its outer shell damaged once exposed to air ,then be inactive? I mean the hiv in the cell, I am afraid the cell may protect the hiv. thank you again!!!