HIV Prevention Community
hiv multiplex test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

hiv multiplex test

About 9 days ago I had possible hiv exposure to a high risk partner.
My anxiety level is high so I am contemplating taking the 10 day multiplex test in a few days.
The test is expensive and after reading about it it seems to have a reputation for giving false positives.
I intend to get the 28 day duo test in any event however can anyone tell me of the accuracy of the multiplex test?
I am aware that any tests would need to be confirmed with the three month antibody test.
Thank you
Partners are not high risk, exposures are.

What was your exposure?
Unprotected oral sex as well as protected anal (I was insertive) and rimming, fingering and French kissing. But I would like to know the accuracy of the multiplex test?
The accuracy of the test is irrelevant you have not had an exposure to HIV from the activities you describe.

You will not get HIV in this manner.  

I would not recommend testing.
Irrelevant or not I would appreciate an answer to the question.
I should have adding I have started getting a slight sore throat, one of the symptoms I believe?
The Multiplex test is a NAT (Nucleotide Amplification Test) for HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV and HCV used routinely by the blood transfusion service, with a high reliability of around 99% after 7 days of an exposure. It takes 5 to 7 days for us to get the result.

I will say again though you do not need to test.
Symptoms are irrelevant ans sore throat alone is absolutely no indication of a recent HIV infection.
Can I ask is oral thrush yellow?? I have white tounge when I brush half goes away and there is some patches left its a light coat of white don't know the difference between oral thrush and geographic tounge had exposure 2 years ago tested negative at 2 10. 14 weeks.. Thinking about retesting because of this tounge? Never had a sexual exposure since Sorry for posting for posti on someone's ques just wanted advice
please start your own thread
Could you answer the ques please? Just advice anxiety kicking in and just content diarreah (diarrhea) because of this
If you tested negative out to 14 weeks you do not have HIV.  You would need to have your mouth looked at by a GP to determine if it is thrush, people get thrush for all sorts of reasons.

You seriously do not have HIV with a negative at 14 weeks under your belt.  Whatever is happening in your mouth has NOTHING to do with HIV.