hiv reactive Elisa, indeterminate WB, undetecable PCR
Dear all,
On 21 and 28 of Sep 2012 I went to a gay sauna and had unprotected oral sex with 2-3 men. I gave oral without ejaculation. in the beging of Oct I was feeling a flu like sympthoms so I visited my Dr on 9th Oct 2012 and he got me tested for all STD and HIV. My test was a 4th generation Elisa which came back reactive and it was sent to the public health laboratory of quebec to have confirmitory tests. They did the WB and LIA for hiv 1/2 and Eia for p24.I did not see the result but my dr told me that It came back negative.

I was still nervous so I went to a HIV clinic in Montreal and I talked to a Dr on Nov 5th 2012(almost 5 weeks after last exp). He drew some blood and a week later he called me and told me the result was reactive and he wanted to run PCR RNA test. So I did the test and it was undetectable and meanwhile the confirmtion test came,the WB indeterminate and lia hiv 1/2 negative and Eia p24 negative.
My dr again run the PCR RNA test at 26 the NOV 2010 it was undetectable and again he sent some samples to the laboratories for HIV tests. Also, he run a rapid insti test on 26th Nov and it was negative.
I am waiting for the results and since oral sex is considered low risk activity, I am confused.
Tanx
You never had an exposure.
Tanx a lot Dear Teak.
But why am I getting the positive result on Elisa and indetreminate result on WB. Here in Quebec, they do the LIA inno test for HIV 1 and 2 nad Eia test for p24 anigen along side with indetreminate WB to confrim the elisa's reactive results.
Also, I have a white tongue from 2 weeks after exposure since now( for more than 6 weeks) and I have rash on my legs.
Also, I had reactive elisa on 9th of october which came back negative . (it was only 10 days after my last exposure). Again aftre 4 weeks ( NOV5th)I got tested and it was reactive with indeterminate wb and negative lia.
If I am positive , would you think that after 1 month the wb should had shown that in the second test.
Thanks again for taking time
Canada does a MEIA which is an ELISA test.  Again you never had an exposure.