HIV Prevention Community
hiv swollen nodes?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

hiv swollen nodes?

experts... how do hiv related swollen lymph nodes occur? did they come only at ARS symptom? or they come months after ars? how do they swollen? did the lymph nodes just swollen or they slowly getting larger?
Hey Korenz,  

I am having the same issue,  I have two-four nodes on the side of my neck that I do feel which I am not certain if they were always have been there,  I do have a broad neck but I am also heavyset and it worries me that I can feel them.  Two of them feel about a 1cm big and the one on the back of my neck is very worrisome.  I have tested 13 neg.  But of course anxiety is a killer.  I would get tested and the advice teak told me to go to a doctor to get it checked out.

I do feel that I am always touching them they can inflame them.

That is a question that I would like answered also if lymph nodes only show up during ARS and they go away after that and cant still be feelable around 2+ months.
anxiety kills me... i hv my elisa comes neg after 93days... i hv lymph node at my right side of the neck a lil swollen maybe a size of a pea... maybe a pea is about 1.cm... i can feel my lymph node under left armpit... i dont know it's normal or not... but i can feel it.... this never happens to me before.... it has been about 6-7th month now... i did my elisa at 93rd days after exposure... i am really scared right now... at least someone tell me about hiv related swollen lymph nodes...
you sound exactly like me!  I also got tested around the 95th day, I know what you mean that it doesn't feel normal cause we do know our bodies and if something is fishy.  

I know its kinda hard to really feel confident after a negative result.  And we still go around feeling and looking for symptoms.   but as Teak says I am negative and he will or have said it to you also.  But hey! I have been going around searching for 13 week negatives and everyone says its conclusive.  So it also easy to say but I guess it is also the standard thing to say for a definite result.
i've been looking around this site and they said that 3 month is 100% conclusive... i even called the clinic at my place that they said 3 month and retest at 6 month and 1year... what the hell?? that very scary... i don't know who to trust,,, i test not only for hiv... i also test for all other STD's and it comes negative... at least i need someone here tell me about swollen lymph node of hiv... i ve been reading of people who hiv + discover their lymph nodes swollen after months... i just want to know if hiv related swollen nodes comes how long after infection... did the lymph node swollen only on ars or what? i am freaking out right now... i want to rely on my blood test(elisa)... but i dont know...this symptoms make me feel like the result is not true... i am really freaking out right now...
well... from what I read from the doctor forums is that 6 months is conservative and should get tested if you were undergoing cemo, and had pretty messed up immune system,  which they say you can tell if you did have one.

I am in the same boat as you Korenz.  if you deside to ask a doctor please forward the link on this post I would love to read it.
yes that what i've been reading on the internet... 3month conclusive.. 6 month for the compromised immune system... so do you think what we should believe right now? i just want to believe that these symptoms has nothing to do with hiv...  i don't decide to ask a doctor because i've been reading that all doctor said the same... 3month is conclusive... but i don't really know what to think right now... everything is upside down... i want to retest but i don't think i have strength to go to the clinics and retest and waited 2-3 days... i have experienced the 2-3 days waiting before and i don't want to face that 2-3 days nightmare of waiting results..... i don't even had sex for montha after the result... whatever it is i really hope this has nothing to do with hiv....
Hey I am gonna say again I am in the same boat as you.  I really doubt us having a compromised immune system.  I am wondering why non of the "experts" are responding to any posts but my best bet is that they have came across already that we tested negative past 90 days that we are just stupid worried wells that wont shut up but I know how your feel that we are just waiting for that answer but dont know where to find it after seeing the important answer we got from that result that we are negative.  
i don't know why they don't respond here... i think maybe our question are wasting their time or maybe they are not here...  i just hoping that they respond and answer to this question... i really freaking out... i don't know what to do... when i get my result before it is a lil bit relief.. but now it seems like everything is turning upside down again... i don't know what to think... when will this ends i don't know.... i hope everything is going to be fine....
hey buddy you might want to ready this post, it really doesnt answer the lymph nodes but
it kinda helps.  saying 100% by 11 weeks.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/hiv-test/show/774292

I have a feeling they arent responding because it is a waste of there time,  I also have post open on the forum which hasnt been responded to you only by teak which does respond to all of the posts anyway so I am sure it has to do that we are just worried wells that wont shut up and leave medhelp.