HIV Prevention Community
hiv test after 20 years?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

hiv test after 20 years?

i'm from manila, i had unprotected sex during my younger years with prostitutes, had several all female sex partners, i'm 41 years old now, if i have an hiv test now will the antibody for hiv still be present in my blood if i were infected by hiv 20 years ago? is particle agglutination test using serodia hiv 1/2 kit will detect hiv antibody in my blood after 20 years?
Didn't you read other posts on this forum? No matter how long it is, you will find antibodies after 4-6 weeks and after 3 months for sure. But after 20 years?? Dude, move on. If you had it, you would have been dead by now. You are fine, move on.
Why are you getting tested after 20 years?
thanks for the comment naseeb, we'll the reason i got tested just recently, my wife is 6 months pregnant, i just found out there are many complications during pregnancy, hormone imbalance, skin disorders, fatigue to name a few, i thought she's having early symptoms of hiv infection, i got tested negative for hiv, i researced regarding hiv test and some say that hiv test is not reliable and there are cases of hiv negative aids
I think those sound like normal symptoms of pregnancy.
just wondering if serodia is reliable, i had anunprotected sex almost three months ago, that was May. i had a gonorrhea and I got scared I got infected with hiv as well so I went to a clinic for std and they did a serodia test to me, butit was negative. is it reliable? the first one I knew is "elisa" and it was jsut then that i've heard about "serodia".
You have posted in the wrong forum. You need to repost in the STD forum.