HIV Prevention Community
hiv transmission in asymptomatic syphilis

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

I had a protected sex encounter 4 times with a lady who didnt even know the meaning of STD's..My condom didnt burst and so I aint scare of getting any semen related STD like HIV, Gonorhea or Chlamidya..However I ve read on expert forum that syphilis can still be transmitted as most of the area uncovered by the condom can get in contact with the syphilis chancre and as far as i remember all 4 times a lot of area was left uncovered by the condom from the base. However its been almost a month and i havent seen any syphilis chancre at the uncovered area..But I also read on the expert forum that many a times the syphilis infection is asymptomatic..so I was wondering that what if I have asymptomatic syphilis and I dont know about it..Can I still contract HIV without the chancre??please help me..
· Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
Avatar n tn
teak bro, at least answer if there is any chance or not..
Avatar n tn
ok just answer it like this..can having asymptomatic syphilis increase ur risk of transmission of hiv or it is necessary to have a syphilis chancre for the increase...just answer this??
you did not have a risk...move on
well you did not have a risk to get hiv transmitted to you because you wore a condom..
so the question that you are asking is irrelevant..
continue to practice safe sex in the future..