HIV Prevention Community
how can i get rid of hiv anxiety?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

how can i get rid of hiv anxiety?

i discussed my oral sex encounter in previous post. Now i know that oral sex has low to no risk but. many say that oral sex carries carries 1 in 10000 risk of transmission which should be very pleasing for me but then i think what if i am that 1 from 10,000. my anxiety is killing me. i have become superstitious i look for signs that suggest hiv in things that dont really matter for example i can't listen to a queen song because freddy mercury had aids. i have become an idiot. i have gone back to follow religion because i feel god might punish me through hiv. worst part i m going to college in 2 months to usa which is a completely different place , if i stay like this i wont make it. i took a test 6 weeks post exposure and it was negative(elisa 1 and 2).it has been 8 weeks since exposure and i am thinking of taking a test but i am scared what if i am positive. even writing that makes me scared. the most annoying fact is the 3 month period of testing. i am scared to death, to make matters worse i noticed a lump in my throat. what should i do? please help
this post is not for hiv question but anxiety instead. i want to get rid of anxiety i want to improve my mental condition
Seek professional mental help. You cannot obtain the one on one therapy that you need.