HIV Prevention Community
how high the risk is

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

how high the risk is

hi,doctor, I am really worried about my situation. Ten days ago, I had a protected sex with a csw, and she made a oral sex for me. I am not sure her hiv status. And these two days, I feel the pain all over my body now and then especially the chest. It is a kind of feeling just appear the pain a moment and transfers other place. My shoulders, chest, arm and feet all have this feeling. And my question is how high I am to be infected by hiv and at this moment which test could be used to detect effectively. Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor English
you had NO risk.  any "symptoms" you are experiencing are NOT hiv related
Thank you for your reply and I am really appreciate it. However, today my back and the joint of the feet are very pain so that i just can not bent my back. And my lip raises something like vesicle. Am i too anxiety?  thank you for your patient
nothing to do with hiv
hi LIZZIE, I am just so worried and sorry for disturb you again. Thank you for your reply and I have these two questions:
1. The symptoms of infecting hiv conclude the ache of muscle and joint. These days I have these two pain now and then and I had never before. I want to ask if infected these symptoms(ache of muscle and joint) are continuous or interim. And how heavily the ache maybe become? My situation is interim and not very pain which feels like a expanding from the inside body. Besides, I think my pain is spread as today the finger feels pain too
2. Today is two weeks, is home test effective and what is your advice?
PROTECTED sex = SAFE sex

hiv is not transmitted through oral sex

FROM THE HIV EXPERTS HERE AT MEDHELP:

"As you know from other posts about oral sex, our stance is that giving or receiving oral sex is not a risk for HIV.  Some others suggest that there is an appreciable risk of HIV from oral sex however, there are no convincing scientific reports which support these statements.  The presence of a burn in your mouth, or a sore, or ingestion of blood does not change this.  Still no risk an no reason for testing."  DR HOOK

"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow"  DR HOOK

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex.  The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way.  Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk".  There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANDSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Please educate yourself about the real risks.  If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. "   DR HANDSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..."   DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?  
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

The observation on thousand and thousand of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort).  DR. HOOK

"With regard to the question you ask, I will repeat, as I’ve said more times than I can think- there are NO credible cases in which persons have acquired HIV through performance of oral sex- none!!.  The chance that you will be the first is ridiculously low.  You are more likely to be hit by lightening while reading my reply to you. DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." DR HOOK

"There is no credible evidence that HIV is spread through oral sex, with or without the presence of cuts or blood in the persons mouth."- DR HOOK

"Oral sex. there is no evidence that HIV is spread through giving or receiving oral sex"- DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread through oral sex."  DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread through giving or receiving oral sex"   DR HOOK
hi, LIZZIE I am sorry for disturbing again, But these days, my ache of muscle and joint are still continue. And during it, I had a mild fever twice. My skin seems very sensitive, because it is easy to become red when I touch and rub. My chest also have a inside pain. I do not think  i am anxiety. But  these symptoms again frighten me. Should I just ignore them? I am really appreciate your time and reply and advice. Thank you
these two days my muscle and joints including wrist and ankle and shoulder are all pain. My forehead and chest has some rashes and what is more I got a mild fever lasts for one day. I again become worried about the possibility.Can you help me? I mean the infected symptoms are high fever and severe pain and all body rashes? For my symptoms, to be honest, do you think the chance has increased. I really want to calm down, however, I just can not. I need you help, thank you
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.