HIV Prevention Community
i shave my pubic hair and have sex with a prostitute

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

hi doctors, can you please tell me my chances of getting HIV, I'm scared that i cut my skin when i shave my pubic hair, what if her fluids got in my wounds and she is HIV positive. thank
HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV.
thank you, how about after shaving and you have intercourse, isn't it risky that you might have cut on your skin on shading and got her  fluids on it?
No it isn't a risk at all. I explained to you in my first reply why it wasn't a risk and what is a risk.
i'm sorry sir,
so even if i have cuts on my skin and her fluids gets into it during i wont be at risk... thank you again, i really cant sleep at night and day because of this, coz its my first time to have sex with a prostitute and i feel terrible, please convince me not to worry
No risk. I'm not here to convince you I'm here to give you the facts. What you do with them is totally up to you.
thank you sir
You're welcome.