im so stupid please help..
i posted this already but jan 19 makes out my 12 week of going to get tested...i already went and tested negative on week 9. but im scared that nine week test wasn't good enough......i just cant handle this feeling anymore...from unprotected gay sx...i hope that 9 week negative was good enough...
9 weeks is 99% final.Your results won't change in 3 weeks.The expert doctors have never seen it happen.
how do you know this for sure
They wouldn't claims this fact if it wasn't true.They have the confidence to tell posters that their results are conclusive at 8 weeks.If you had taken a DUO at 4 weeks+ it would have been 99.89% accurate,I like those odds.
Adding on what RainLover71 has said,,,,, We have never seen or heard a Negative test turning otherwise even after 6 weeks, then why will yours? Your 9 weeks test is very highly reassuring and it will not change in next 3 weeks
I agree with everything up, so just relax and do final test for the peace of mind.
i will do a follow up but i trust all the information. is the 9 week test really prove im HIV free? reliable? i understand it takes 12 week for it to be detectable. but wouldnt it have been detected by the time i took it at 9 weeks? im so effing tired of worrying:(
Your result won't change at 12 weeks.It will be another negative result.
a sore throat wouldnt mean any symptom of hiv right?
NO,everyone gets sore throats.
Ok..im really going crazy with this im thinking that every thing is a part of it..i hope you guys are right about my test being conclusive at 9 weeks..i trust yall's word. because i need closure from this. its ruining me
I trust all yals advice.. I sure hope you guys are right about me being negative..this is ruining my life i want to move on.. Im trying to believe my 9 week test was good enough
The expert doctors have never seen a 9 week negative turn positive at 12 weeks,this should be an excellent fact for you.Trust in what they say.
thanks again so much...I will keep an update on whats going on...thanks alot for the helpful advice..I just want to move on and stop thinking of this
when I go again to collect a negative result as you say I will let you know...what gets me is that your confident in saying I will be negative for sure..lol I wish I had the confidence...Ive been so down even though I re-read this information and advice over and over again..
Let me tell you about confidence then.I know people that have Had a DUO at 4 weeks both in Australia and the UK and have not tested again,and they had unprotected sex.It's about accepting the latest testing we have avaliable to us.Others have tested at 6 weeks and that was it.I know your negative test at 9 weeks won't change at 12 weeks.Lets us know when you receive that negative result.
one more thing...after 3 months a test after that really means the person has no HIV  for sure? is that the best conclusive??
Yes,it is.100% conclusive.
I will let you know the status...cant wait to write to you "rainlover you were right" its all in my head due to the anxiety of this situation..I will never put myself in this situation ever again thats for sure..but honestly rainlover you make alot of sense when you write that it wouldnt change in 3 weeks..It makes sense that when I took my test in the 5th day of the middle of the 9th week something would have been detected...but nothing was..I was negative...
I will be waiting for you to tell me I was right all along.Post your negative result when you receive it.Until then,relax.
I will do so...and ill refrain from reading information saying "the only way to know if your negative is to test after 3 months after exposure, because some people develop antibodys after 3 months"....some people say that:/
Yes,your right.Good man.
I see that is the worst thing to do when facing these type of troubles. I also see that everyone on this site posting questions ask the same questions over and over in a different way...as did I. I shouldve followed the rules and take what is givin as a sufficient advice. well to summarize it all up. The fact of being conclusive at 3 months is true for sure as protocol, but after six weeks of exposure negative does that mean a conclusive? I know the individuals that dont detect in 3 months are the ones with no immune systems like cancer patients etc...
True,with modern testing and better testing now,a 6 week negative is 99% gold.
makes perfect sense..I know what I did was wrong, a BIG mistake. I had anal sex unprotected with a man..I bottomed..Im straight which is why I was so afraid im not used to that kind of stuff. but what matters is the status of my test. It dosen't matter how the risk was, what matters is the result correct?. that shouldnt make my nearly nine week negative change in 3 more weeks right?
It won't change in 3 weeks,it will be negative again.Remember we are human and we all make mistakes.This isn't a perfect world we live in either.The best thing you can do now is when the time has arrived take that final test and put this all behind you.While you wait say away from Hiv sites on the net that will just confuse you.
I most definitley will...through the depression I have gathered enough accurate information to determine my status...lol but on the contrary if it were wrong I guess the doctors would be confused why a 9 week negative turned positve. In which I hope does not happen im still having leaning on faith and god for that 12 week negative.

your right this world is not perfect and we do make mistakes, but for those who learn from these mistakes and prosper from them...I believe recieve blissfullness out of life...
AMEN.
yes amen to that...looks like the odds are looking up..rainlover71 I thank you. for making so much sense..as well thanks to the other advisors..
If I can help someone and provide them with the facts then I am one person trying to make the world a better place.
keep watch..ill let you know if you were right...and in this case your probably are...lol whats even better is that you know you are:)
I notice you give your honest answer to people in thier different situations..as I trust your word is honest along with everyone else telling me its all in my head pretty much
I know I am right and you will be fine.
I appreciate that you give the facts to the individual in their general situation, and by what they are dealing with....seriously It makes me feel content that you are giving out truth and not lies..
I always provide the facts.I don't understand why a person should have to wait 12 weeks for a test when a DUO at 4 weeks is 99.89% accurate and will provide so much relief,then they can follow up at 12 weeks for a final test,makes perfect sense doesn't it.
it honestly does..I took a DUO test too the ag.ab combo...from every other poster in this forum news like that gives relief to someone like me who is overly stressed and depressed, nervous, worse feeling ever...its because of this I let registering for college again and forgot about friends and family...as you can see its been crushing me in and out...
It's the best Hiv test there is.The USA,like AUS and the UK have to embrace this test and make it more avaliable.Like DR Handsfield has said,the DUO should be the test of choise in the USA aswell.
I guess Its the guilt of commiting such a horrible act is what is putting me with fear of this..like I said im a straight man, just made a thoughtless decision that night. I read a couple of information here on medhelp stating anyone who actually has it, it will be detected very fast within six weeks...
Thats true,6 weeks is 99%. 12 weeks is the CDC's conclusive time frame.
so in all of this 6 weeks is a good time, then as to 12 weeks is just a [protocol]..? im guessing thats how it works.
That's exactly How it works.
wow...I thought that exactly after 12 weeks is when its detectable to hiv tests...now I understand why you have been saying it wont change from negative to pos, in 3 weeks...so that means any time you get a negative after 6 weeks usually means your not infected??....
Correct.
remarkable..truley remarkable..this is great information...honestly really great information..
I believe that medhelp has always been an excellent site to obtain Hiv facts because we have expert doctors who have years of experience behind them and have the confidence to provide the facts as we do here aswell on the community forum.
all of this is helpful...im just happy im hearing the facts and not lies...it brings me peace of mind to know that my family and friends are right when they said that at 9 weeks it shouldve put these worries to an end already...
A 9 week negative will not turn positive at 12 weeks.
I accept your advice doctor...is that fine if I call you that? you have the knowledge of a doctor...

I am not a doctor but I have worked with doctors and I work with Hiv specialists who have the latest,most updated information on testing,treatments,etc.
well thats good to hear....I trust you man...I really do, I believe you are giving me facts not lies..im trying to focus on the facts and not the fears this time...the fact is, its probably all in my head..

I know your suppose to feel symptoms..havent really experienced any...night sweats are common mine are little, no swollen anything, fatigue is due to my work hours and depression, no rash, throat hurts a tiny bit not bad at all, other than that I feel normal, its just im still freaked out by this whole threat...
you think so??..
enough is enough...we are not a psychological counseling service.

you have been advised over and over regarding your exposure, the test you have taken AND when to test for a conclusive result.

further anxiety related questions need to be addressed on the hiv anxiety community forum.
Remember that while a 9 week negative is an excellent indication of your status, on THIS forum, we stick to the official testing guidelines, which is 3 months.