HIV Prevention Community
is penis head exposure to vagina lips risk for HIV

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Four days ago, i had preotective sex with a woman.
But at some point at the end of the intercourse, my penis head came in contact with her vaginal lips.it went into her vagina lips and stayed there for 5 to 10 seconds.her vaginal lips were wet and i am really scared that i might have caught the infection from her.i was worried and when i asked her to get checked out she said she was afraid.but finally she told me the next day she has the virus and that she is positive.i went to a doctor and he said there was nothing to worry about and he gave me medication for PEP.Eventhough i started the medication with in 48 to 50 hours period, i am still worried.
there were also some deep kissing and fingering involved.
Can u help me out because i am very worried.
If there was no penetration like you say then you never had a risk,even if the woman is hiv positive.Transmission occurs inside the body not outside.
The condom was not on when your penis head touched her vagina?
yes. the condom was not on.and it didnot go into her vagina.i dont know if it even qualifies as penetrative sex.the penis head went into her vagina lips and it stayed there goin in and out for 5 - 10 seconds.she was wet.n my worry is since the penis hole was exposed to her fuids, it might go thru the mucous membrane and expose me to it.
Well, I really don't know whether or not you penetrated her back after you took the condom off. If you feel that you did, you need to get tested 3 months after the sex. You might want to get a second opinion from another doctor on the PEP; it's a painful treatment for a whole month and it has side effects, including kidney failure. But if he/she thinks that it's worth it since you had unprotected sex with an HIV positive, I'd say go for it.
i didnot penetrate her.
i dont know if penis head going into the outer lips of the vagina qualifies as penetration sex.
but i didnot penetrate her all teh way into the cervix or her inside of the vagina fr that matter.
only inside of the outer lips.
but since it also has a vaginal fluid and she was wet, i am wondering if i was infected from that?
Let me get this straight: did or did not your penis head only TOUCH the outer lips of the vagina as opposed to BEING PUT IN the vagina??
If it was not put in, you do not have any risk. HIV doesn't infect outside its host (the body). The vaginal secretion contains much lower concentration of the virus compared to blood and semen. This, added to the fact that it was already exposed to the air (because it was outside the vagina), must have inactivated the virus.
The penis head went in only a little bit. As in it ( penis head) wasnot even covered completely by the vaginal lips. It only went small distance. Bt still, there was contact with the penis hole n the vaginal fluid on the inside of the outer lips. Again don't get me wrong , i didnot penetrate her. As in when u have sex my penis goes all the way in to the level of being completely covered by her vagina. Bt this time, to make it very clear to u, only the penis head ( part of the penis head) went into the inside of the outer vaginal lips. N my worry is that if the penis hole is enough for the vaginal fluid on her outer lips to go thru to muy body , wouldn't that mean I am infected? Or u r telling me it doesn't have enuf virus concentration? .. Even if I did not penetrate her, isn't that a chance fir the fluid to go thru the penis hole n infect me?.
Thank you all for ur help. After this I can only leave it to the almighty God n hope everything was for a lesson.
Hi Worried12345710

I am in the same situation as you. I was at a party where we all swam naked in the pool after loads of drinks. I was turned on and  leaning up against the side of the pool, trying to keep to myself. The thing is that one of the girls swam up to me and just jumped straight on me... She did her best to get my penis inside of her while she clinched her arms around my neck. It happened really quick. I pushed her off me but she managed to get the head oft penis inside her vagina for a brief moment(3 to 5 sec at the most). I don't know this girl and I am worried. If she had HIV then could she have passed it onto me?

I am curious to find out what happened in your case?

Please share?