just an fyi
I was told that by 2 HIV lines that having MS may mean testing out to 6 months. Even with a 91 day negative rapid test.
WRONG--they provided you incorrect information,your test result is conclusive.
Id really like to believe you, however Im gathering you came here at first as someone worried just like me. So Im not sure you know exactly about this. I find it interesting that the "forum" people always seem to shy away from these kinds of questions but are all over the "you had no risk" questions. Maybe because nobody really knows for sure?
You are free to believe whatever you'd like, we don't need informed that hotlines are giving you that kind of info, we know that happens a lot.

I can tell you that I KNOW for SURE, due to having a medical background, and experience with this, that 3 months is sufficient.

If you like, test to 6 months, or a year, whatever you want to do, but our answer is not going to change.

Why not pay the fee and ask in our expert forum?  I would strongly advise you to do that.

People who man HIV hotlines have a script they follow, they can be anyone off the street.  They don't have to have any education.

Now please, kindly move along.
Thank you nurse girl, I was hoping you would respond. They are not saying MS itself, its the medication. I only took it for a very short time, its an immunomodulator not an immunosuppresant. Im sorry if my response was mean, Im just going crazy right now and can't get my head on straight. Im trying so hard to trust this info, but when other people who I know are reading from a script. It then sends me back into panic mode. You believe meds have no effect and Im fine? Again, Im sorry I just can't get back to my "normal" self and I need help.
Seek professional mental help as to why you can't accept your conclusive test results.
You are so very right on that comment. I just ask one thing, please explain to me why I see so much about immune diseases and you say it doesn't apply with my test. I just can't seem to get and answer anywhere? Everyone ask is kinda wishy washy and really doesn't know. Thats whats so scary. Do you know?
Reread what you were told. MS or meds for MS does not cause a delay in seroconversion.
Put it this way...if CHEMO patients, people with end stage cancers, and people taking anti-rejection meds after an organ transplant (all people who would be severely immunocompromised) are testing within the 3 month window, then so would everyone else.

Auto-immune disorders is NOT the same as being immunocompromised.

The above population are the ONLY group of people who would be recommended to test longer (to 6 mo) as a precaution.  Like I said, even those people, who have little to no functional immune system are STILL testing + within the 3 month window period.

Teak's right, if you can't let this go, you need to get some help.
Thank you for some sort of explanation, I really appreciate it! Im for sure going to seed professional help as I know I really need it. Im a mental case right now. Thank you.
what are you talking about,I don't understand--I came here asking questions? I had a DUO test in 2010 at 4 weeks post--exposure & the HIV specialist doctor said it was conclusive.You have become paranoid about this whole latent seroconversion issue,it doesn't affect people with MS,why is that so hard for you to comprehend?
Didn't mean to offend you Rain, Im sorry. I didn't understand because I couldn't ever get an explanation other than 'it doesn't effect my window period, move along". I wanted to know what the difference was because I don't understand. Again, thanks for being here for crazies like myself. It really does help calm the nerves sometimes to talk to someone, when this subject isn't really something you want to talk to friends and family about.
Ok,I understand.I think the problem here is that you have been searching many sites that still say test out to 6 months or that certain medical conditions delay seroconversion--well most don't & certainly MS doesn't,chemo patients & transplant patients on meds might have an issue but not people with MS
You are so right. So much info, I don't know what to believe. I called the CDC hotline today and even I, being new to all this knew the idiot on the other line had no idea what she was talking about. Its all very confusing, yet something I don't feel comfortable talking about with people, even my dr. Ive been going to free clinics for my testing so I don't have to say much. Im really going to try and move on from this, doesn't mean I won't have another test just for my sanity. Thank you again.
My advice to you is to read what the expert doctor here in the expert HIV doctors forum say about window periods & delayed seroconversion--they are professionals who have studied HIV matters for years now.I wish you all the best & please stop worrying.