HIV Prevention Community
just discovered roommate has AIDS

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

just discovered roommate has AIDS

I recently rented out a room to a guy, who 3 weeks after moving in told me he was HIV+...which "has progressed to AIDS". Since I am straight, there is no chance of a health risk...right??? Needless to say, this makes me ( and the few friends I have confided in) a bit nervous, and VERY uncomfortable. I feel bad for this kid, but he has nonetheless put me in a very awkard position. I mean, am I obligated to tell my girlfriends when they come over? or do I hope nobody finds out? This sucks.
and why does this suck?

are you or your girlfriends planning on having unprotected sex with him?  share iv drug works with him?

give me a break...
A fine example of ignorance.
let me be clear people how are HIV + are not low class people they are people like us and everyone of us can catch it one day and trust me he / she ur room mate can live a longer life than u now because medicine progression made HIV not the death sentence that it was called earlier and people with cancer are higher risk to death than HIV positive and no matter what never say this suck support him and help him he is HUMAN
What if it were you would you want to be treated that way... "Don't be a jerk"

Sorry everyone else
i dont think YOU missed OUR points...