HIV Prevention Community
just like everyone else I'm worried too.

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

about a month ago i had unprotected sex with a girl, at the time i was sick so i didn't think much of anything. a week or so passed by and i was still sick however my very lower abdominals hurt. i had a really bad gag to the point were one would think i was going to puke but never did. i started googling symptoms. oh course it freaked me out because hiv was one of the things listed. i went and got a ora quick test and i tested negative. a few weeks went by and I'm still freaked out i went to the school clinic and gave blood and urine and i tested negative on everything. however I'm still freaked out today i rode my motorcycle and i notice the inside of my left cheek in the middle has a bump, idk if its a mouth sore or not but its white and has no pain. also where my jacket rubbed on my neck from turning my head is dashed or chafed. it burns bad and its red. At this point idk if I'm over reacting and the anxiety is taking over or what??

list of symptoms: some of these no longer exist
* dry coughing and gagging
* phlem in my throat (white in color)
* lower abdominal pain right behind my scrotum.
* one single sore in my mouth (painless)
* constipation (ive only had diarrhea  once)
* some sort of chafing on my neck (it burns)
* i had a headache on time and it went away after i ate.
* my arms and feet have been going numb when i sleep ( not all the time but most of the time)

so these are the things that have been scaring me.
Symptoms or the lack of symptoms will not tell you anything about your status the only way to know your status is by testing. HIV has no specific symptoms. You can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure.
so far i got tested after a month and it came back non reactive, is there anything else i can do?
Get your conclusive test 3 months post exposure and start using condoms.