HIV Prevention Community
keratosis pilaris

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

keratosis pilaris

Hello Everyone,
   I am crazy and have been at this for over a year. Save your dramatics. Someone on the body posted a question called "if it walks like a duck", and explains sypmtoms very similar to mine. I am wondering if anyone else after a serious ARS-like illness has gotten severe skin conditions such as seb derm on the face and arms, keratosis pilaris on the arms, and ringworm probably secondary to the dry skin.
Let me know.....
You've had a 14 week conclusive negative result. MOVE ON.
You are violating the guidelines on Medhelp. You have a 14 week negative result.

"Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s "

I dont know about your risk or testing status, but Keratosis PIlaris is very common in general population and has no link with HIV. Symptoms are meaningless. If you have been tested negative beyond the window period, no point in discussing anything else.
You have a 14 week conclusive negative test result and yes you are violating the Medhelp guide lines to posting.
I too have had ALL the symptoms from an exposure 22 months ago.  i posted on thebody...march 17...please help!!.  I tested 4 times nonreactive ELISA up to 11-12 months post exposure (hetero unprotected sex)  I've been living in denial for almost a year now.  Today I still suffer from swollen lymph nodes some grape size (chest, under chin, back of neck, behind knee, groin, armpit), thrush (I can scrape white creamy stuff off my inner cheeks and my throat looks horrible/tongue totally white on top), neuropathy (always ice cold with tingling in tips of toes and fingers), and cold night sweats almost every night.  I wish I would of asked for a PCR a long time ago.  There is absolutely no doubt I have HIV.  There is nothing else it could be.  My ars was very severe...photobia, burning dry eyes, floates, thrush, sunburn like rash on back and chest, severe joint/muscle pain, night sweats, fatigue, short of breath, chest pain.  The rash subsided after a few weeks, but the other symptoms persisted from almost a year, and some still today.  All other tests came back OK also (CBC, HEP, ESR, etc...) Doctors were no help.  That 3-6 month guarantee is complete BS.  I have read so many journals online about people seroconverting after one year.  Just google "seronegative HIV".  Everybody is different.  I've read some peoples ars are so severe it can take over a year or until they go on therapy to seroconvert.  I am going back to the doctor this week to retest ELISA and see what their reaction is when they see my swollen glands and thrush.  I don't want to go....but my body is detoriating fast.
http://search3.thebody.com/search?access=p&entqr=0&output=xml_no_dtd&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&ie=UTF-8&client=thebody1&q=12+month+seronegative&ud=1&site=thebody&oe=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=thebody1&ip=24.252.31.76&proxyreload=1&start=10

Here is an article from thebody.com showing a 22yr and 49 yr old male didn't seroconvert using ELISA until HAART was started!!!!!
This is pretty scary if it is possible to happen.
Man you need help, but help from shrink, you tested negative up to 11 months, the world wide guidelines (US, WHO, UNAIDS, UE, ect) says 3 month is conclusive, some contries even say 6 week is conclusive, those two cases you quote where 1995 and 1996 (12 YEARS AGO), in the last 12 years there in not a case of seroconversion after the 3 months,  There is more than 1.3 million people that tested positve since 1984 and there is only those two cases (probably they lie when they where asked about their exposure, they probably have some inmunodisorder like lupus, probably they where on PEP, probably the infected later while having other exposures, probably had a not known upon that time strain of hiv, ect, ect,ect) your symptoms can have thousands of other causes, if the doctors doesnt find any cause probably they are psicosomatic, and Please dont give people that are worried more things to worry about, you have to deal with your own irrational fears and the fact 100% sure that you are negative, if you continue thinking you are  the most rare case of  hiv infection  in the world, go to the CDC an tell them to study your body. YOU DONT HAVE HIV
It is very scary, especially since I think it happened to me.  My body was so run down, I could barely do anything.  I am going back to the doctors this week or next week, because I can't take it anymore.

I'm sure this is rare, but I'm sure it happens more than people (and expert doctors) think.  I can't believe people sit on these sites and say a 3 month or even a 6 month is a guarantee negative by an antibody test.  It is very possible the body gets run down and doesn't rebound fast enough to create antibodies.  Especially fast progressors.  There are other articles out there that show the same thing as this one.  For people to say it's "only been 1 or 2 documented cases ever of delayed seroconversion"  is complete BS!!!   The articles and journals are out there to prove that wrong.  It doesn't have to be a "coinfection" or anything else to cause a delay.  It could just be a very potent, fast progressing type of HIV virus.
Why would they give HAART if someone didn't test positive? I don't buy that story in the least.
What about The number of cases of acute HIV-1 diagnosed while still ELISA-negative in the chart? 13, resp. 16 in 2004 and 2005? Can someone explain it please?
Read the numbers.  Their VL were astronomical and CD4#'s were considered AIDS.  This isn't the only article out there.  I am by no means trying to scare anyone.  I just want people to be aware that if they are VERY sick, and these people were,  hospitalized with AIDS infections (not ARS symptoms), that other testing needs to be used.  
Like I said I don't buy the story. If someone has a low cd4 count and a VL they will test positive on an ELISA test. They would test positive on any test. You don't get a viral load without being positive. You can have a low CD4 due to other cause and not being HIV.
.
OK, you're right that story is completely made up!!  Are you blind??  IT IS FROM THEBODY.COM WEBSITE.  Read the other article I posted.  What's your explanation there??
So go and get all the test you want, get PCR, P24, elisas, western blot, rapid test, NTA, anyone, and all of them would come back negative, and in the Internet you can find whatever you want, I even found someone that claims to be the son of superman, and like 1000 people claming to be Jesus, so if the best scientific based organizations (CDC, WHO, UNAIDS) says 3 month is conclusive is becouse it is, and instead of searching on late seroconversion search HIV FEAR+OCD, and then you will get a lot more accurate information on your case.
http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/C30FBBD2-588A-441D-9E88-83F59309887F.asp
Big deal, they didn't use the ELISA test. If they would have used an ELISA test like it said then it would have picked up the antibodies. It doesn't say what test was being used other than it wasn't an ELISA test.
So you're saying these two websites I posted from are bogus??   thbody.com and aidsmap.com???
What makes the difference? They said the reason they weren't detected earlier. Had they used an ELISA test it would have been detected. 16 people in all most 30 years don't amount anything.
I thought you could read in the last page you refer I quote

A total of 16 cases of HIV infection with negative HIV antibody results have been reported in medical journals. The investigators note that such cases, like the one they report, all involved patients with extremely weak immune systems and high HIV viral loads.

Thats becouse they tested when their cd4 count was so low that they werent able to produce any antibodies (not for Hiv netheir for a flu) so it happened when they developed AIDS years after their infection, if you tested 4 times in an 11 month period I asume probably 3 months, 6 months  9 months and 11 months, you are not one of this cases, and those cases are 16 in more than 30 million people that tested positive in the las 25 years, so 16/30000000 is not a relevant, and they had speacial circunstances that made that happen like having cd4 count as low as 4 like the case in spain.

Please go and get all the test you want, please even have a cd4 count and viral load count, and when you have the results we can continue this discussion.

Does it mean that an antibody production must start in a human body at some stage (1-3 month) otherwise the person would be going to die quickly (like people with aids)?
No mike please disregard any unlucky post, what I meant is that those 16 people that didint tested positive in the antibodies test was becouse the where infected years before, probably 10 years or more before they tested, and the reason becouse they didint tested positive for an antibodie test was becouse having the HIV virus in their body for so many years made the cd4 count so low (4 copies, normal = 800 copies) that they werent able to produce any antibodies no for Hiv, netheir for a flu, netheir for tuberculosis, netheir for anything, So if they would have been tested years before this they would have shown positive in the test. The HIV antibodie test search for the HIV antibodies (produced by our own body) if someone has normal life no serious disease (Cancer, lupus, ect), the average time that takes for a human body to produce detectable antibodies for HIV is 14 days, it sometimes takes longer by several reasons, the 95% of the people will have detectable antibodies y 6 weeks and the 99,99% by 12 weeks, if someone has taken PEP, is in quimio for cancer, has lupus, ect. their body could take up to 6 month to produce the antibodies and that account for the remaining 0,01%, so if you had an exposure and you didnt take PEP or have quimio ect. a 12week = 3 month test will be definitive for you.

Hope it helps
Thanks for a very good answer. So you are saying that a person ALWAYS produces hiv antibody to hiv infection after being infected. there is no case when the body would not produce it AT ALL for some reason? Is there any case ever? of course assuming after infection, not at the late stage.
YES mike,
Yes for your first question, if someones body is able to produce antibodies for any kind of virus it would produce antibodies for HIV.
just sent you PM but not sure if it was sent.
For some reason I cannot send PM to you