HIV Prevention Community
licking dry blood

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

licking dry blood

but the other day i had blood on my finger nail...i think it was mine but who knows.  i had licked my finger to get if off, but then was worried that if it wasn't my blood, could you contract hiv god-for-bid that way if the blood was someone else who had it?
No you can't contract HIV that way.
thanks teak, have a great weekend!
teak hope your weekend is going well...i noticed i left a part of that ? out.  i had a small cut on my lip, so if it wasn't my blood and it did come into contact with my lip would it still be no risk?  thanks much sorry to bother.
It would still be NO RISK.
much appreciated take care
i wanted to discuss this thread a bit more in depth.  I am just curious, not questioning your response.  But, if infected blood were to enter a wound in your lip, how come you couldn't contract hiv this way? thanks
can someone answer?
i was hoping you could answer because i value your opinion a lot
can one of you chime in maybe?
you have been advised that you were not at risk from what you have described.  time to move on.