HIV Prevention Community
longest known/ever lived after becoming pos?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

What is the longest span someone has lived from transmission/death? I know of a famous writer/activist but forget his name. Does anyone know this info? How long will/can a person with hiv expect to live? Just a thought....
That's a rude question. No one knows how long they will live. I've had it now for 23 years and yes I'm very much alive and there are guys that I know that have had it the full thirty years and are doing okay.
You have been very steadfast in your assertions that it is impossible to be infected via insertive oral.  With all the people that claim they were infected that way, why do all the experts immediately dismiss it.  Also, since people rarely engage in only one type of sexual activity, how does anyone know what the real transmission route was-why couldnt it have been oral.  I know about the scientific studies but as you know thousands of studies have been conducted that prove one thing or another and then years later it is disproven.  Happens all the time-especially in the drug business with large scale clinical trials that have been conducted, approved by the FDA and then-wham shiit happens and the drugs are pulled from the market because people start dying.
I see you come back and forth from AidsMeds asking the same questions over and over again. If you don't believe the studies that have been done then don't. Don't have any type of unprotected sex or don't have sex at all, or test after each time you have sex. It's as simple as that. It's your dollar.
What was the title of this thread?
How is this a rude question?
The basis of the question is to let people know that it is possible to live many years with hiv/aid my friend, nothing more. That was the only reason for this post, i expected a different reaction, i thought that this would be a refreshing thread to some. This forum is in need of a little moral bost, thats all, no offense. I apologive if i ofended you Teak, not at all my intention. I may be in the same boat in Feb, so wish ill on me if you want, but was sincere...
You dont need to be rude.  i know I'm overly concerned and wanted to hear your opinion on my specific question as you seem to be very knowledgeable about the subject.  The folks at Aidsmeds did not answer my question and just stated that there is no risk.  
Thought you might have more to offer.  Sorry if I pissed you off.
I like you Worried sick, but posting over my thread? How is that not rude? If you have something to say post it up, invite poster to comment, i think thats fair, i don't think it's rude to call you on what you did. Agreed?
Would you go into a hospital and ask a heart patient how long to you think you're going to live? Would you ask a transplant patient, "how long you going to able to live?"
Would you ask a person that has diabetes and just had their legs removed, "how long you gonna live?"

I don't wish nothing ill on anyone. Even those that didn't have a risk.
Teak your putting an unfair spin on this post. You are reacting as if i was somehow trying to single you out. I've explained my true intentions behind my post was a little soul searching for myself as well as other on this forum, such as myself, that are concerned with their future, ect. One of the reasons i was asking was because i was wondering about children/parents, ect. I read about sperm washing and was wondering if i had a child (my right, no matter what you think). How long would i possobly be around to raise them, ect. This is again, not the reaction/response i expected -or- i would not have posted this, in fact i withdraw this thread scince you say that you are deaply offended by it. I also would like to state that i like you as well. You have shared with me your thought on my posts many times, an i whole hearted apologize to you once again my friend, for the offenses caused. I wish you well. You and Lizzy Lou are the anchors of this forum, we al, i think i can speak for others, when i say that we all deeply respect you. Your knowledge is very much needed here. Maybe you could thread an ettiquite post for me and others so we do not over step any bounderies, percieved or not.

Yor friend,

C H A P E A U
You just reworded it in a way it would not offend. You didn't need to apologize to me, but I do thank you.
Just to add, i saw that Oprah Winfrey ws doing a show on "the new face of hiv/aids" on monday. She's invited Magic Johnson, this was how the thought came to mind by the was.
Thank you so much for acceting my apologies my friend. I was really concered i had burned a bridge, and i need you when i post. Your greatest asset is your ability to center posters (like myself) with your knowledge/experience.The writer i mentioned was a renound writer/aids/hiv activist, he was also the longest known/doccumented person to be living with hiv/aids. He impressed me when i was him on telivision as  youngster, i only recalled him now as i/we are going this, never thought i would be though her i am.