lymph nodes and ars????
Hi all,
Its been 11 days since my exposure.
it was on Oct 6th. after that one week later, oct 13th i developed one
swollen lymph node in my neck below my ear. infact i poked and squeezed many
times to check. it is swollen now and looks like a pea shape. no other
lymph nodes swollen apart from that. its there till today.

maximum temp experieced is 98.9F only in evenings everyday and it will
back to normal and morning it will be 97.1F. No fever no sore throat no rashes.

1. Can only one swollen lymph nodes is sign of ars?
2. do swollen lymph node of ars appear without fever?
3. do lymph nodes appear one by one and symptoms appear one by and are come together?
4. Is one week is too early to show symptos?

can anybody answer. My risk was unprotected sex

Kirstie_MHModerator  
Sep 20, 2012
To: meghanacutypie7
It really isn't fair to our volunteers, and to the rest of the community members who have questions and need answers, to keep asking the same question repeatedly.  Three of our very knowledgeable members have given you a definitive answer.  Please be respectful and accept their analysis that you had NO risk.
hi lizZie. Please answer my questions.
I'm talkin about new exposure. I'm not disrespecting anyone. This is the only forum which makes me comfort and which makes me to proceed to do my normal daily work
hi lizZie. Please answer my questions.
Hi there -

If you had a new sexual exposure, it would help if you explained that briefly.  If this was not unprotected vaginal or anal sex, and you didn't share needles for drug use, please remember that those are the only ways HIV is transmitted.

Emily
i had a unprotected sex actually protected anal sex But condom broke. Honestly believe me. Please answer my questions. I'll not play in the forum. I understand the kind of service you people have been doing.
If you had anal sex and the condom broke, the only thing you can do is test at 3 months for conclusive results.  Your symptoms can mean anything, and a diagnosis of HIV is never made based on symptoms.

Reading your other posts about anxiety around non-sexual modes of transmission, it sounds as if it's time to seek some help for anxiety, and not focus on HIV.

Best of luck,

Emily
thanks emily.. I'm doing it. I 'm working with a doctor. But i would really like to know the answers for the questions i've put. It'll be a great relief for me ma
dam. Please
Emily already answered your questions:

1. No
2. No
3. Together
4. Yes

Oh and poking and squeezing a node can inflame it or the area around it.
thanks vance. I absolutely have nothing else apart from a lymph node that has swollen below my ear. A pea shaped one. Fact is i never had a swollen lymph node down my ear thats what scaring me. But yes i poked it extensively almost 30 times in a day. Don't know if thats the case :(

also to my initial assurance i'm going to have a 14 day duo test. Don't know how much conclusive is that.
Has your swollen node been diagnosed by a doctor, or did YOU decide it's swollen?  Reason I ask is because assessing swollen lymph nodes is something even medical professionals have to practice a lot to get good at.    That's because nodes in their normal state are almost always palpable.  YOU are not qualified to assess your lymph nodes.  

Poking and prodding your lymph node is not good, you WILL cause it to swell, you need to leave it be.  Also, when lymph nodes are swollen related to HIV, they are swollen in MANY parts of the body, they aren't localized like you describe.

A DUO test is not going to be conclusive at this point, it's pointless to test so early.  Please resist the urge to test multiple times, it will only fuel your anxiety.  If you want to test a little early for anxiety's sake, you can take a duo at 4 weeks, then follow up with an antibody test at 3 months.

You say you're getting help for anxiety...you need to contact your doc/therapist and explain that whatever you're doing isn't working.  The mental health professionals need to reassess your plan.
thanks nursegirl. I've not spoken yet. Waiting for this weekend to talk to them.  
yes the lymph node what i'm talking was palPable before and i used to feel that. But now it has got bigger and can be easily seen without touching it. No other symptoms.  i'm drinking lot of alcohol becos of this. Otherwise i'll not get sleep.