HIV Prevention Community
lymphnode characteristics
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lymphnode characteristics

..do anyone know whats the characteristics of enlarged lymphnode of HIv patients...i would like to know ..its location......hard,soft or rubbery?????and how about tenderness ..do it pains???and more about fluctuation???...ifanyone knows about it let me know ..i would be keen to know
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Only your doctor can diagnose enlarged lymph nodes.  

If you think you had a risk, then feel free to share it with us, and we will tell you if you require testing or not.
Blank
simply saying ..its more than 2 cm bilateral ...under my jaw...it pains sometime...soft in sicnsitency ...and its been there for 2 yrs now...it was that i had a sex with a unknown gal 3 yrs back ..and later i come to know then tht condom was broke while having sex..and later .as soon as i know ..i went to wash it with soap and running water....
tell u abt me..i am 25 .m
one more to ask....is it the sure shot that ..one can get a HIV if he/she ever get involved in sex with an ifected person????
Blank
hay ...dont you know about lymphnode..my friend..????i am waitign for your reply
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
there are many things that can cause swollen lymph nodes in a person.

if you had UNPROTECTED INTERCOURSE with someone of unknown status...then you need to test.  it's as simple as that ! ! !
Blank
ok...if you just know ..tell me the charactersistics of HIv lymph node enlargement.....so i can have the guts to ...have a test....
Blank
186166_tn?1385262982
you "test" because you had unprotected sex...NOT because of whatever symptoms you think you might or might not have.

i can tell you that most ppl who think they have swollen lymph nodes...dont have them when they actually see their doctor.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
No one can give you the "guts" to test...and not testing b/c of fear is ridiculous.  Not testing isn't going to change your status....if you're neg (which likely you are)...you are delaying your relief...and if your are POS...you are delaying proper care for yourself.  Makes no sense.

Without going into detail, as it isn't important and you will only obssess about it...your "lymph node" symptoms, if they ARE truly enlarged are not at all consistent with HIV infection.

Go get tested...your results at this point will be totally conclusive and then you can finally put this behind you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank