HIV Prevention Community
my 12 week test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

my 12 week test

On May 17 i had an sexual encounter with a escort. We used a condom for vaginal sex, but unprotected oral on each other ( no dental dam used on her). I had 4 test done 2 7 10 and 12 weeks all negative..the only problem is that i had thrush,burning throat, rash on chest, redness on face, dark eye circles, spider veins on eyelids, nausea, weight loss and some muscle wasting( in face arms back and legs which i now have loose skin) and GI issues, I currently have issues with my joints( feet legs back and neck) i have notice symptoms in my wife , wasting under the cheeks, light brownish freckle rash on feet, chronic cough for 2 months, rash on chins . I also feel her back bones when giving her a back rub, no muscle at all. my children seem to have red or pinkish circles under their eyes, my sons face looks like it has thinned under the cheeks, he is 3.. i can see rib cages and their spines stick out. as for wasting in all of us i notice that the Achilles has definitely thinned out and exposed.

As for the girl i slept with, i notice her face  afterwords  and her face look look very thinned under the cheeks and had some  brown marks on her chin, which she tried her best to cover with make up..i called her the next day and ask if she was clean, which i also asked the night i net her..she claimed she was " VERY CLEAN"..asked about her face..she said she had anemia..she said she was taking a test that week and would show me..after a week..i called and she  kept ending the call on her cell..finally i knocked on her door and she answered..she had no make-up and looked worse then the night i saw her..cheeks more sunken and lesions on her face. her skin a jaundice  color.

now i took a 12 week test it came out negative..along with syphilis and Hep C..too  neg...  with what i have told you..me and my family and the girl..not to mention a guy i am talking to you has been with her and has lost 15 pounds and has white bumps in mouth ( which i have also) and penis..red spots on tongue..please help me..is my test conclusive?
Of course it came back negative, you never had an exposure.
Good Evening..I am not doubting the test, that it did not detect the antibodies, but i am just confused with the /weight loss/wasting in all my family... i know stress can cause your own symptoms, but symptom in your family? we all have dark circles around our eyes, loose skin, i feel my leg bone as i speak..what else could this be..what other std ot illness could i pass to my family that can cause this?
That is something you'll need to discuss with your doctor.
FROM THE HEALTH PAGES / HIV FORUM

A lot of people have been writing questions about early symptoms of HIV infection. Many of these people do not seem to have any risk for HIV, but may be having some kind of anxiety related to an encounter with a sex worker (or as in the case of question one, a strip club). Most have tested negative for HIV and are beyond the window period. They report a wide array of symptoms, some of them are very severe. I think it is also significant that many of them appear to have been reading a lot about HIV since the incident which caused them to worry. Since these people are HIV negative, it seems logical to see a connection between their anxiety and their learning about HIV symptoms. Some of these correspondents report this connection after reflecting on it. For example, they develop diarrhea the day they read about that particular symptom.

The history of psychoanalysis is full of cases of people with severe physical symptoms which appear to have no organic cause (i.e. their labs are all negative), and which persist until some psychological movement is attained. Some people (called hypochondriacs) have this illness their whole life. They become obsessed with every symptom and continually shop for a doctor who will take their illnesses seriously. The saddest part about this pattern is that, for people who invest a great deal of their identity in being sick (and, as a result, sacrifice a lot of their relationships, time, and emotional energy), it can become very difficult to accept that they are not sick.
for 3 months . i have been a nervous wreck, thinking i killed my family on a selfish act... each test that came back negative made me relax a little, but then i would see the symptoms in my family..if it was just me having them..i would think..its just my anxiety over hiv,.. but my eyes don't lie// my daughter even had a rash  behind her ears that my wife has on her feet..the  light brown spots...now since the 12 week came back..i am just lost with all of this..i am glad its not positive, but if it is..i want the test to show it and not delay..my wife just wants me to forget about it..she wont test a 2nd time..she tested at 6 weeks..neg..i asked he to test at 12, but she said no..i dont want to move on and  something bad happen whether hiv or something else.
I notice symptoms before i went online..i went and checked after i notice white bumps on lips and i lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks
It's not HIV, you don't have an HIV concern.
right now i will live my life with  my family, enjoy the rest of summer and the watch my little girl begin kindergarten in the fall. then i will take the new FDA approved rapid test in October
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
ok..like i said..i will enjoy life and just reassure myself on a later date.good night.