HIV Prevention Community
my chances of getting hiv

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

my chances of getting hiv

I am really sorry for bothering you with the question but I feel so desperate right now.
This new year's night I happened to be for the first time in some strange club, and I had unprotected sex with some guy who apparently had sex just before there.  Well, I was insertive, and I didn't have a sex with the guy, he just inserted me inside but after like 2-3 frictions I put it out and ran away. I am so freaking out now, I didn't get post exposure treatment because I'm in a new country and didn't know where to get it, I was sent from one place to another until too late.
The first three days I felt a very slight fewer and I was sooo scared, I was waking up every 2 hours at one night, I don't know if it's a symptom of developing infection or not. I also have today rare slight dry cough, and I feel that my throat is a bit sore, but actually I looked into mirror and it might be that there is just swallowing of glands at my neck, I am not sure. I'm really frightened to death. I had a lot of strong alcohol yesterday, could it be from that, or anxiety. How bad do you think my situation is? The test is oonly after 28 days after exposure %) I don't know how to handle this waiting with all these symptoms
Unprotected anal sex is one of the highest risks you can have.  That said, you can do a duo test in four weeks for a good indication of your status, followed by an antibody test at three months post exposure for a conclusive result. Ars, if one has them occur 2-4 weeks post exposure. Relax, get tested and always use condoms!
Thanks for your reply! I know that it was dangerous, but I didn't do it that much, in fact I didn't want to do it at all! that's why I stopped very fast, but there was still exposure. There was almost no friction, I hope just that small contact was not enough to pass it, even if he had something. And I hope that the guy was not infected.
Do you think there is a high chance all the symptoms I am gettnig now are because of anxiety or something else?
I really don't know how I will keep up with waiting for getting a test
Your symptoms happened to soon to be related to acute hiv infection.  Im sure the amount of time(or lack of) helps you.in your case. However, a risk is still a risk, and i would get tested.  dont let your mind run away with itself.  Just test and stop looking up symptoms, it will only fuel your anxiety
Thank you! I will definitely get tested a few times and I'll do test as soon as it would be reasonable! Thank you for calming me down a bit! I really pray I am not infected.