HIV Prevention Community
needle *****

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

needle *****

if i get a needle prick in order for it to be able to transmit hiv it would have to be inserted into the vein?
Or can a needle prick in elbow area also be able to transmit hiv?
Who stuck you with a needle?
Avatar n tn
not sure it was crowded place
Avatar n tn
i saw a comment from teak saying that it had to be in the vein in order for hiv to be passed it was almost impossible through just skin
I highly doubt that someone pulled out a needle and stuck you with it.
Avatar n tn
I could not see it but if it happened are chances of catching hiv the same as a syringe in medical setting which says it is .03%. I just want to clear this out of my mind.
"What if's" don't happen and we don't play the "what if" game. See a therapist to help you deal with anxiety. People don't walk around with needles and start sticking people.
Avatar n tn
I saw a comment by Teak saying if it was not injected into vein there is o risk and the puncture I got is in elbow area.