HIV Prevention Community
needle *****

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

needle *****

if i get a needle prick in order for it to be able to transmit hiv it would have to be inserted into the vein?
Or can a needle prick in elbow area also be able to transmit hiv?
Who stuck you with a needle?
Avatar n tn
not sure it was crowded place
Avatar n tn
i saw a comment from teak saying that it had to be in the vein in order for hiv to be passed it was almost impossible through just skin
I highly doubt that someone pulled out a needle and stuck you with it.
Avatar n tn
I could not see it but if it happened are chances of catching hiv the same as a syringe in medical setting which says it is .03%. I just want to clear this out of my mind.
"What if's" don't happen and we don't play the "what if" game. See a therapist to help you deal with anxiety. People don't walk around with needles and start sticking people.
Avatar n tn
I saw a comment by Teak saying if it was not injected into vein there is o risk and the puncture I got is in elbow area.