HIV Prevention Community
negative antibody test at 5 weeks - now 9 weeks on

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I've been posting over the last 9.5 weeks following when I thought I was exposed and have had some veryy suppotive replies (my risk was 1-2 minutes unprotected vaginal sex in a stripclub in Spain).

I took a rapid anti-body test at 35 days which was negative and went to a follow up appointment with a HV consultant in the UK who basically said I was ok to go on and that a test at 12 weeks was only needed if i couldn't get on and that it would confirm the 5 week test result. Other STD tests (chlamydia, gonhorrea and syphillis (syphilis) came back negative). The only other 'symptoms' I've had are a few mouth ulcers which the consultant said had little or nothing to do with HIV.

However, last Thursday night (exactly 9 weeks) I woke up at midnight with a vice-like headache which lasted 24 hours, Friday night had 2 bouts of diahorrea and similar last night with lots of wind (flatulence) - I'm not sure where this has come from or what to make of it and am even more worried now about taking another test.

I was at a reception last Sunday and did here a lot of people fell ill with a mixture of diahorrea and vomiting. I'm praying that mine is the same as their's and not ARS (would these occur at 9 weeks)? Could someone offer some advice?

Thanks again,

Bert
Friend,

from what i have been reading,
ARS cannot occur so late.
And since you never had a high fever, you dont even have to think about ARS.

all you need to do is have some peace of mind (i know its easy to say), and then have the final test at 12 weeks, which will be negative
Hi anonymous_user,

I keep trying my best to get off this rollercoaster but just keep drifting back. Thanks for the post.

Bert
The odds are strongly in your favor, put that together with your six week neg and the only thing you are lacking is the conclusive test.

I don't see your 6 week test changing at all. The majority of people would have already tested pos by this time.

Your symptoms are way to late to be related. And if everyone else came down with something, why would only yours be related to something else?

Your mind is working way to much. Take it easy for a couple weeks, get your conclusive answer and move on.

By the way, presence or lack of symptoms is never a way to diagnose HIV. NEVER. If you try and do it, your body will make all kind of symptoms.

these are not symptoms of ARS, you're good
cheers