HIV Prevention Community
night and day sweats

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

night and day sweats

After my exposure on August 23 2008 I wrote to you about my possible HIV risks. I had a protected vaginal and a partially protected oral intercourse with a latex condom with a CSW. (5 min.) You said me that HIV is not trasmitted via cunnilungus (blood or not blood) and that i sholdn't need further testing. My only test was negative after 35 days from the exposure.
Now i need your help because since December i have been experiencing night sweats (without drenching the bed and i don't have to change my clothes). As soon as I note that i sweat i measure my temperature and I note that i have no fever (36-36.5^). Suddenly my head becomes colder and colder and all my body begins to sweat (legs, head and hands). Dr HHH said that night sweats related to HIV occur only when fever breaks down in the night. No fever, no infection at all. After measuring my temperature is normal but I dont' know if i have fever when i sleep. The attack sweats come suddenly and I can't control them. After 5 or 30 or 1 hour the symptoms stop and i feel ok again. Is it normal? When is not HIV what could I have? My dermatologist says is all anxiety and the doctor gave me tranquilizers. But i still sweat night and day. How can i do to stop these symptoms? Is it possible that i got another disease (not a STD) from the oral sex? EBV? Sometimes my lymph nodes hurt. but not seem enlarged. What do you suggest to do?
This is not an HIV concern.
last month,I had an exposure with csw,when i was about to penetrate her i felt something and brought out my penis with my condom covered with her menstrual blood,i showed her the blood,she immidiately grabbed my dick and gave me a blowjob with the condom on,after about 2 mins,i asked her to stop and i rushed to toilet and remove the condom and wash my dick.two weeks after that,i developed yeast infection and some boils in my scrotum.pls am freaking out here as i dont know what to do again,i tested tow weeks after the incident and it was negative.pls what is my chances?.pls i need some advice.thanks.
Zero risk because you had a condom on which would have protected you from this situation.Stop stressing,you're safe.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers