HIV Prevention Community
orasure Hiv1 accuracy?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

orasure Hiv1 accuracy?

Im a 22 year old heterosexual male. About 2 1/2 years ago i had unprotected sex about 3 times with a young american caucasian female. I havent had any unprotected sex since then and i dont use needles or drugs or anything like that. In May 2007. I started worrying about possibly being hiv positive because about once a month  for more then 3 years or so i would develop a bruise on either arm and i couldnt remember hurting it. I would like to note that i am on an aspirin regimen (one aspirin a day for my whole life) due to an torn and repaired artery in may of 2000. I also have been drinking alcohol more then i should for the last two years maybe 2 or 3 times a week sometimes heavily.  Well in may of 2007 i worried so much about having hiv i started lossing sleep over it and eating less. After about 10 days of this. I started having diahrea, i felt tired, week, my legs felt sore and then my tounge turned white and i started feeling itchy on my face mostly around my eyes. I was terrified to go get an hiv test done cause i was sure all these symptoms where ARS. But i finally went and got tested at a local hiv clinic. I did the orasure Hiv 1 antibody test and when i went to get my results i was 99% it was going to be positive but when the worker at the clinic said it came back negative i couldnt believe it. I was so happy. It felt like i was born again and most of the symptoms went away except for my white tongue and the itchyness. I got tested again right after that test in may 2007 just to make sure there where no human errors or mistakes at the clinic or lab and came back for the results 3 days later and again negative for hiv 1 antibodies with orasure. I also got tested for life insurance during that period with the orasure hiv anitbody and also came back negative. Well it is sep. 07 and about 8 days ago i started worring i might have hiv 2 because my tongue is still white and i still feel itchy. I went and got tested at the clinic again with orasure hiv 1 anitbody and came back negative but that didnt make me feel much better. So i went to the health department and had blood drawn to check for hiv1/ hiv2. I get the results on tuesday. And i am so worried that they are going to say i am hiv 1 positive. Im stressing so bad its been so hard to get through the day these last few days.

Do you think that after 4 negative tests with orasure for hiv 1 antibodys 2 years + after unprotected sex is conlusive that i dont have hiv 1? I heard somewhere that sometimes hiv is so advanced that your body stops making antibodies for it so im thinking i might be one of those rare cases and feel like im going to die soon. Im worried that my drinking alcohol regulury has caused my immune system to weekin so much that if i was hiv 1 positive its in its final stage 2 1/2 years after possible hiv 1 infection and thats why all those orasure hiv1 anitbody tests have come back negative. And if someone would wait a few years before getting tested for hiv1 and by the time they take the hiv1 antibody test they've developed aids would hiv anitbodys still be present? What is ur opinion? And should i be worried that on tuesday i might find out im hiv 2 positive? How common is hiv 2 in the u.s.a? And is a white tongue and itchy little red spots symptoms of hiv?
You are HIV negative.  No, a white tongue and itchy little red spots are not symptoms.  Your negative tests prove you don't have HIV.  

Stop obsessing.  
i hope im just obsessing and the 4 negative orasure hiv 1 tests 2 1/2 years after exposure that came back negative are accurate and as soon as i get back the blood hiv1/2 antibody test if its negative im sure ill put all this depression, worring, and anxiety behind me and move on with my life but these days i feel very ill after i started worrying.
Well, stop it.  There are plenty of things to worry about in the world.  Worry about the war.  Worry about global warming.  Worry about terrorism.  Worry about real things.  They impact us all.