HIV Prevention Community
please answer - hiv

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

please answer - hiv

i am a 26 year old male.
i had an unprotected vaginal sex once with a woman. 3 weeks later i took the combo test. it was negative.
with our next encounters with the same woman i put a condom, but sometimes my penis touched her vagina (with no penetration) before i put it on. also 1 time she put her finger in my mouth right after the finger was in her vagina.
my questions are:
1. are my chances for HIV exposure high?
2. how reliable is the combo test? can i feel just alittle optimistic until i take the ELIZA test?
3. i am circumcised. is this had any effect on the odds of getting HIV??

thank you in advance
Tags: combo, HIV Prevention&Risks, odds, HIV Transmission
You will need to test at 6-8 weeks for a good indacation of your status and follow up at 3 months for your conclusive result. As for the protected sex and touching fluids etc. your risk is zero.

If you want peace of mind until your test have her test for HIV if neg there is a good chance you will be as well.

Hope this helps
hi... i saw your blog. and i say i will share my story with you.... a month a go i had unprotected sex with a girl i really love we are still together, she had a partner before me and they had unprotected sex as well. she take an hiv test since the start of the new year  the result were negative. O.. i was a virgin before i had sex with her so i know i was clean before i had sex with her.. well she is clean...but i noticed a white stuff at the back off my tongue it cant be wipe of or any thing i was not on any medication or anything so i don't think that cause it.... the other day i had sex with her using a condom and after that i saw some small bruise on my penis shaft the did not pain or anything and in three days they were gone...but am a little bit worried and i would love if you could give me any advise am 18 i noticed the other morning i saw some white thick look fluid coming from out my penis...it smell like semen so i did not really worry but it came back out this morning again this time it came out watery like but it dont have any bad smell or any thing... do you think am ok..or am just over reacting

You need to start your own thread and we will be able to answer your questions, But as for a short answer.

You had unprotected sex and this means you were put at risk of HIV. When she tested Neg. she could of been in the window period. Have her test again for peace of mind and you should test as well in 3 months time just to be sure.

Always use condoms until you are both tested and 100% sure of your status