HIV Prevention Community
please help

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

please help

i had sex with aperson 5 years ago and now iam afraid of being infected with hiv i do hiv ag\ab test since 5 days and result was negative but iam afraid that this long period between relationshiop and test affect on test and lead to disappearance of antibodies and i was pregnant then i delivered my baby one month ago and during pregnancy i take dexamethasone injection for 5 days (the period between injecion of dexa` and now is one month ) iam afraid that dexa affect test and lead to disapearance of antibodies as i read that dexamethaone affect antibodies and pregnancy decrease immunity my wbc are 5900 it is` usually 9500 in all previous` `tests and i noticed it is decreased i want to know is this test reliable or not
Tags: HIV
No it would not affect your test results,you're negative.You don't have HIV.