HIV Prevention Community
please help me , I did a CMIA test

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

please help me , I did a CMIA test

Sir,

I fingered a sex worker, whose vaginal secretions where sticky and dry, I had no apparent cuts or open bleeding wounds on my index inger while fingering ,after 1 to 2 minutes, I felt so low of my self that I ran out and rinsed my hands in a cup of water but I didnt wash them say like soap or under a tap.In another 1 or two minutes I headed to a nearby medical shop and purchased a germicide with an alcohol base and opened a new bottle of this germicide, but the metalic lid caused me scratches( like a paper cut),there was not much bleeding though I felt the burning on pouring dettol(germicide) on those scratches/papercuts. After 7 weeks I was advised CMIA test which was negative. but I have a bad sore throat after 2 weeks which is persisting for more than a month and a half now.Is there reason to panic as the vaginal secretions were almost dry during the scratch, Should I take further tests , What are my risks now am i in danger, Am I safe, I indulged in no other sexual activities.Please help, the docter said not to worry but my sore throat persists.Are the tests reliable.
you were NEVER at risk of contracting hiv from the situation that you are describing above
A Chemiluminescent Microparticle Immunoassay (CMIA),is an advanced antibody test technology and is reliable. However, you never required a test because you never had a risk to begin with.
Hi Mike...

i did had sexual encounter with nigerian girl in  May2009 .. then  i did test after 8 months in a clinic in dubai. i did nt know which Test they conducted .. they said negative .. after that i had worries . so i did test in india .. they said - card test 1&2.. said negative ....but worries did nt gone ..so i did CMIA 4the generation test after 1 year 2 months of exposure.. got value 0.14.. I asked the to do ELISA .. but they did CMIA.. i dont know why..

I do have a question

1. Does this test(CMIA 4th Generation) will detect all kinds of HIV types (ie including in African types as well) ....?

2. I do have floaters in my eyes .. is it becoz of HIV?

EVERYONE has floaters at one time or another. We just notice them more when we are worried about our health. Visual secondary infections to HIV are usually very advanced ones - you would have other symptoms first.

SO RELAX!

Elisa was the earliest test. i don't know about the newer tests - been retired since before the Milleniumn and decided to stop following the literature - too depressing. So there may be a valid medical reasons for doing a particular test.

And  Arif: also, relax; HIV is delicate outside of the human body. It was probably dead by the time you paid or the detrol.

Ike

Elisa is still one of the tests of choice is the USA.
Hi...

I did Card test 2 times .... after 8 months of post exposure ? it was negative....

The i did 4 th gen CMIA HIV1&2 test after 14 mnths ...got value 0.14

Can any one tell me - i can relay the CMIA 4 the Gen Result after 1 year 2 month of pf post exposure. ???

Yes u can
Move on buddy......
CONCLUSIVE ! ! !
hi .. i think i can ask one more question again

IS CMIA 4 the Generation test same as ELISA ?.. which one is more reliable?...

Will CMIA 4 the Gen test Look for all types of HIV including african types as well ???