HIV Prevention Community
question related with blood contact

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

question related with blood contact

I am new on this forum and it would be great if someone from the people who has a big notice of hiv will do the best to help me with my qeustion. Yesterday i went out and went for a drink. It was a litte bit dark in the café so i didn't noticed a little bit of blood on the glass. After a minute or so when i turned myself in to the light i noticed it. Maybe it was from someone who had a broken lip, i don't know. I bite my lips sometimes to so now i am scared that the blood on the glass can infect me.

When i noticed it i mentioned it to the waither and he said that he didn't see it and that the glass came out of the dish washer. But i don't know it fur sure ofcourse. Can someone tell me if there was a risk?

Greets from A'dam

Sofie (stresskipke)
There is no risk. I highly doubt that there was blood on a glass and even if there was it is not a risk.
Maybe or maybe not i don't know. It whas red and no lipstick so what can i be? I just posed the question i case...

The blood would be inactive in minutes, am i wright? I ask this because nobody drinked from the glass from the moment i went i the café. So this time is more than a minute... Thank you Vance, you made my day!!
Minutes...no a lot shorter but to be a risk you would have to have just cut open somewhere in your mouth with a razor blade and then drank a pint of blood.
you had NO risk...but MORE THAN LIKELY it was a lipstick stain that didnt come off in the dishwasher...happens all the time ! ! ! !
Sorry, i didnt noticed that someone else replied on my question:). It wasnt lipstick that i am shure of but maybe it was something else than blood, who knows...

Thats why i asked the question because if it was blood i would know my risk. Now i know that the virus is inactive in a couple of seconds so that ok for me. Can you say the same if the blood came of the hand of the bartender?

yep yep  :)