HIV Prevention Community
raw garlic+HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

raw garlic+HIV

I have mouth pain for almost a year now and I took raw garlic and eat it. And my mouth pain disappear. I then stopped it. However, two weeks late, my mouth pain come back and I eat raw garlic again and it really helps. So, can anyone tell me what causes my mouth pain? Why raw garlic works in my mouth pain? Does it mean that HIV infection in my body  as I read garlic works for HIV? Any thought is highly appreciated.

I am sorry my mouth pain has laster for almost two years now. Not almost one year.
Have you ever been tested ? Did you ever engage in risky behavior ?
Garlic only works on Vampires not HIV.
I have not been tested...I did engage in sexual behaviour with condom but it slipped off...I am scared to die..
But some websites say, garlic work to slow down HIV,it is natural antibiotic, anti fungi etc...
Well it doesn't do a thing for HIV.
Our previous minister of health said betroot and garlic was a cure , she embaressed us on the world stage ... If the condom " slipped " you would have known , don't start playing mind games with yourself ... Get tested only way to know ...
What does it mean when you say "it does not do a thing for HIV?
he means garlic does not have any therapeutic effect on hiv
So, it means that if my pain is caused by HIV, garlic will not work to get rid of the pain? It other words, my pain is not caused by HIV?

Thanks a lot for your reply..
What was your exposure? All you've talked about since coming to the forum is about garlic.
I have posted about my exposure to the forum some weeks ago. I had encounter back on 28 June 2008 and in december 2008, i started to get mouth pain until now. My exposure was I did the intercourse and the condom slipped off when I withdrew by penis. The condom stayed in hers and I removed it. I do not know whether the condom slipped already while we still had the sex or just slipped off when I withdrew mine. I am scared to die. I have no other symptoms so far just mouth pain which really bothers me. I keep fearful that I get infected..I can not get rid of from feeling scared..
You never had an exposure.
Thanks a lot Teak. Your answer really relieves me. But, if you dont mind, could you have some though on the possible cause of my mouth pain. As I post in this forum before that I have been to about 5 doctors but all found nothing wrong in my mouth. But I still feel pain. But when I take garlic, it disappears. I am thinking about stress or anxiety but I then ask myself whether the garlic really works for relieving my stress and then relieve my mouth pain.

Again, thanks and God bless you.