HIV Prevention Community
receiving a blow job

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

receiving a blow job

doc, i know u have received a lot of questions about oral sex but this is an issue that is fustrating us especially the youth. i have a problem and i will be happy if u can give a precise and not confusing answers.
1. i received a blow job from a lady who is hiv positive on 3 different occasions without protection. as far as am concerned, there was no cuts or sores on my penis and she also told me that she does not remember the last time she had a bleeding gum. whether she is telling the truth or not, i dont know. what i know is i have not seen any visible blood in her mouth. if i dont have any sore or cut on my penis, can the virus still pass through the tip of the penis ie open tip, is it only theoretical risk or it can happens that way. if it does then we are all at risk since every guy has that open tip on the penis.

2. i know oraquick is very accurate for testing antibodies. my question is, can it read false positive the oraquick kit has expired. a friend working in a lab told me that it will still give accurate result even if it is expired.how true is that?
thank u

This discussion is related to Slightly worried about UK data.
You didn't have a risk and you didn't need testing.
thanks for your advice. i am very grateful. i think i need to advice all that, since we are always anxious about our risk of oral sex, it will be a good idea if we could avoid it if there is no condom available.
doc, if my fiancee insist that we should have hiv test before getting married, do u think with my situation as being sucked by an hiv positive lady, will u say that i should do the test confidently or ignore it?
thanks for ur help
The only reason for you to test is for unprotected anal or vaginal sex. If neither of you have had unprotected anal or vaginal sex neither of you need to test.