HIV Prevention Community
saliva

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

saliva

I asked the doctors in the doctors forum about derty tissue and thanfully they adviced me that it not a riskious event
But i got tow adetional concerns at work place
1 the peoples in my bodyshop spit while talking and it comes on my eyes and sometimes in my moth is it ok?
2 i touch things in my shop and then touch my eyes , nose , and moth. If it was derty with blood is it riskious ?
NO, because the surface area of the screw or needle would have been exposed to the elements, rendering the virus inactive and unable to infect.
You need to either properly educate yourself about HIV, or seek professional help for your thinking.  HIV is not a communicable disease, like the flu or a cold.  You can't get it like that.  The only ways you can get HIV are the following:

1.  Unrprotected anal or vaginal sex
2.  Sharing IV drug works
3.  From infected mother to infant
So HIV is NOT transmitted through cuts made by sharp materials? If one cuts himself or herself at work and there was blood that is infectious no probllem? Because we get cuts all the day . So not risks?
NO.  No risk for HIV.  If you are getting cuts "all day", hopefully you are practicing thorough hand washing/hygiene habits, or else you will be at risk for bacterial infections.  Also, getting cut on metal will put you at risk for tetanus, so everyone should have an up-to-date tetanus shot.

Again, NO risk for HIV.
I did get the tetanus shot but the doctor toldnme that I shouldn't take it evrytime I get cut because it will sty in my bodys.  I am not concerned about tetanus  . But I am thankful to you for your explanations which will make my life much smooth .
I didn't say to get a tetanus shot every time you had an exposure...I said that it would be adviseable to make sure everyone who is getting cut on metal should have an "up-to-date" tetanus shot, which is typically about every 10 years.  You would have to follow your doctor's precise instructions on when a new tetanus immunization would be indicated.
I just looked up the word you used communicable disease and the answer I found was "A disease that can be communicated from one person to another". I though HIV is from one persons to another?
You are splitting hairs and taking my words out of context..  In the quote you are referring to, I said, "HIV is not a communicable disease, like the flu or a cold."   Colds and the flu are transmitted differently than HIV (droplet, casual contact).  You cannot get HIV via casual contact or via droplets (as in coughing and sneezing), it is a blood bourne pathogen, which means it must reach the bloodstream to allow for infection.

I'm not going to keep going round and round with you, especially when you seem intent to pick apart my words.  I gave you my assessment, take it or leave it.
Sorry ton upset you didn't mean to , it is the opposite I appreciate your helpings. That parr is clear I also have two more questions before I can conclude my education on this virus if I step on a nail or a screw that someone else steped on and was infected or  I steped on a bore needle that was infected is it a risk or now way?
Thank you  and good night
One last thing before I go if I get stuck with a bore needle I shouldn't get tested even am I correct?
Use some common sense. If you injected yourself with a hypodermic needle that was used by another drug addict then you would test. If you stick yourself you don't have a reason to test for HIV.
Thank you for answering I meant steping on a needle accidentally   Not injecting myself.  And that needle was contaminated. That's my questin
Not an HIV concern.
Thank you