semen in eyes
Dr.
I recently had a sexual encounter with another man.  We performed oral sex on each other  and then I put on a condom and he sat on my penis.  While he was riding me he shot his *** on my chest BUT the first bit hit me square in the eye.  My eye burned and was irritated the next day.  Also much to my horror I found out that he was HIV +.

How bad is this going to be
Very concerned
An HIV test at three months post-exposure will give you the answer if you are infected.  There is a very good chance that you are not, your risk level is not considered high.
Regularjoey works with HIV and is very knowledgeable it does possess a PHD in virology I believe.
I don't see any significant difference between my answer and the one provided by "EWH" - who's that by the way?  Perhaps your English is the reason for misunderstanding.  I agree with EWH that there was a risk, that's why I suggested testing.
OK, I get it, it's Dr.Hook - haven't read that forum in a while.
Anyway, my advice is the same.  All the talk of PEP is irrelevant, too much time has passed already for PEP to be effective.
High risk sexual activities for HIV are anal/vaginal intercourse.  That's it.
Without protection...
A decision for PEP administration is very subjective.  Some Dr's recommend it for any risk, some for high risk only.  Either way, the discussion on PEP is irrelevant.  Testing is the only thing that matters right now.

Here's another more elaborate answer on the subject from another forum (note the words "highly unlikely"):

"The lining inside of the eye socket consists of mucous membranes. Therefore, HIV infected fluids coming into contact with the eye does pose a theoretical risk (infected fluids coming into contact with mucous membranes).

It is important to remember that transmission is highly unlikely when getting a drop of semen in your eye. We know this because sexual transmission of HIV is known to occur through vaginal, anal and oral sex. There is evidence that healthcare workers have been infected when getting HIV infected blood in their eye, but there is no evidence that people have been infected through getting semen in their eye."
I do know that the guy who managed to reach my eye with a shot is undergoing hiv treatment.  How does that figure in?  will theat reduce my threat any?  do you have any odds on transmission rates for this type of exposure, I know a needle stick is like .01%

Thanks for all the input so far
I am not an expert, but if he is undergoing treatment then his viral load is low which means your risk lowers.
it was our only encounter, it told him i didnt want to do anything risky but he insisted on me having anal intercourse with him.  I insisted on a condom.  I talked to him a few days later hoping maybe to arrange another meeting and maybe having an ongoing situation.  I told him I was drug and disease free, that is when he told me he was HIV + but that he was being treated and that as long as I used a condom on him I wasnt at risk.  At that point I was in shock.  Apparently he only found out a year ago.  He said he was ask his doctor about my risk factor but at this point i figure he would lie anyway
Your risk is basically theoretical, since to my knowledge there were never any documented cases of HIV transmission in this manner - but there were cases involving blood squirting into an eye.  Putting infected semen in people's eyes was never properly studied as you can imagine, so I can't estimate the odds, except guessing that they must be low.  Your partner undergoing treatment is also good news for you, that lowers the risk further.  I think you can expect a negative on your test.
It is a stupid assumption.  Porn actors don't get infected because they are tested prior to shooting, not because they practice safe sex.
thanks to all for our input, i tried to do everything safe, oral only, condoms on the rare time i do insertive anal (never do receptive no matter what) and now some goober with a jet propulsion system for a penis nails me with a shot in the eye---so now I just have to wait 3 months is what you all are telling me?  thats a long time to despair
The 3 months waiting period is for antibody testing. There are other tests that could give you an accurate result now.

p24 testing is accurate from 1 to 3-4 weeks from exposure.

PCR testing is accurate from approx. 5 days from exposure.

You could talk to your local std clinic and ask them for any of these tests.
BTW,

An antibody test at 4 weeks is very encouraging. The average for people to produce enough antibodies to be picked up on a test is 25 days. Still, the official period remains at 3 months.
thanks  i checked with my local health dept--they only do the elisa test--2 weeks to get results---i did not want to use my doctor because i do not want a record of this on my insurance since I think from what I have learned that the odds are very good that it will be negative
Dr Hook just posted that my odds were 1-100, the same as receptive anal intercourse.  Can this be right?
Forget about the odds. The odds are greater that you get hit by a flying zebra that broke out of the Brooklyn Zoo. No, those odds are not correct.
lol these forums are very interesting but confuse the hell outta me!!!
There are no experts on this forum that says HIV is transmitted by oral sex.
They dont seem to totally rule it out though, and some seem pretty concerened about semen going in eyes.  You're pretty sure teak, 'you dont need condoms for oral sex'.  Can i ask youre so positive?  the only thing that gives me comfort is u dont seem to get people youve told this coming back saying theyre positive.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.