HIV Prevention Community
seroconversion illness in 2 days

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

seroconversion illness in 2 days

Hi all. Is it possible to get seroconversion illness after 2 days of risky exposure
NO.  ARS if one has it at all happen 2-4 weeks post infection and lasts 1-2 weeks.
Impossible to still feel pain under your arm and in kneehole from HIV after 10 or more weeks?
This is a serious question.
There is no pain with ARS.
I had protected sex with a female of unknown hiv status. However, I was recovering from a cold sore, and wasnt completely healed. The cold sore was not bleeding, but Im unceratin about the level to which it was healed to avoid any tranmission of hiv. I did kiss her during the process, and Im concerned that I might have contracted hiv through kissing her and my unhealed lip being exposed. I tried to check if she cracks on her lips and did not notice anything...but might have been having small cuts...also possility of other cuts inside the mounth that I couldnt see.

2 days later, I had flu-like symptoms and a slight sore throat. Today, it's about 8 days since the exposure and the flu-like symptoms are still there. She had said that she was recoving from flu when we had sex.

Should I be concerned?

Any possibility of
No
Thanks Teak, I will still go for the test after 6 weeks, just as a re-assurance.