HIV Prevention Community
slept with sex worker 8 times unprotectedwith aids.caught hsv2

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I slept with a girl who I found out was sex worker 6-8 times unprotected. And told me she was hiv+ hsv2 EBV (God knows what else). She also injected and.When I got home first 2 weeks. I had flu like symptoms cough fever night sweats penile yeast infection (penile yeast infection which does not go away with cream. sleepless nights waking up in the mornings with headaches. Then tingling in legs 3rd week 4week hsv2 outbreak. I got tested for chalmydia gohnorrea syphillis (syphilis) hep b c HIV 4 gen test at 2 4 6[p24 antibody test) 8 12weeks all neg.

My question is if 1:
If i have caught HIV infection can tests be negative because my body has not produced the antibodies yet so it could occur later in life?

2: And HIV positive status only means the antibodies are visible in the bloodstream at present time.

3: can you test negative for syphllis at 3 months and still can show up later in life ?

4: I keep having these burning tingles in penis after 6 months And still wake up with headaches in the morning . what could this be? Not in my mind my body never felt like this before. Is my immune system in different ways now?
Your 12 weeks HIV test is conclusive. You dodged the bullet. Lesson learned, never ever unprotected with anyone, outside our mutually committed 100% monogamous long term relationship.

Also, since your other STD tests are also negative, you do not have them either. None of the virus you mentioned can go undetected in 12 weeks test.

1. No, longer window period is only for those with supressed immune system due to medication like chemotherapy for example

2. No, an HIV+ means a person who has HIV in his body and may not necessarily be tested positive since he is in his window period, however he/she can infect others because of his/her viral load. Never the less, this situation does not apply on you because your test was done after the recommended 12 weeks mark, so you do not have HIV

3. No ! A12 test will not leave the virus undetected. You can post this question again on STD forum

4. See your doctor and seek medical help for these complaints, not due to HIV
Thank you for your time and effort. I was in a monogamous relationship for 10 years before this happened . But I was at wrong place at the wrong time and its the biggest mistake in my life not coming to my senses after the first time she cleary wanted infect me. This is why it has mentally messed me up now in the head. And I am worrying will I have to get tested for the rest of my life ? Also my test is are negative is it safe to have sex with my Partner without a condom after this nightmare or do I still have use protection from now on all the time even though my tests are negative ?
I have seen my doctor and I realised how bad the healthcare system is in UK. They just say its all in your head and its due to anxiety and stress and just prescribe you with antidepressants job done for them and just want you out the door. They won't refer me to a ufologist. They don't help or listen only for the sake of prescriptions.
May be, the reason is, your GP feels that you do not require to see a specialist, based on his baseline assessment. However there is nothing wrong in seeing a specialist, dealing in UTI's. I guess, in UK, you can not go to a specialist directly, without being referred by a GP

As I said earlier, HIV and STD is not your problem after clearing 12 weeks tests for the two. You neither have HIV, nor any other sexually transmitted disease, therefore there is no harm in sleeping with your life partner without protection, simply because you can not give something to someone, you do not have.
This is what worries me. Please read it. It is interesting http://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/acute-and-early-seroconverter-studies/faqs.html
There is nothing in this webpage for you to worry about. This is a study initiated by Jon Hopkins Bloomberg School of Healthcare for those infected with HIV (documented acute HIV infection tested by "detuned HIV testm, not yet available commercially or a viral load test positive). You do not fall into this cetegory since your 12 weeks AB test is negative. If you see the chart on the same page, antibodies are developed after 3rd week of the infection. Your 12 weeks test is far later of this development stage, therefore you should stop worrying
Hi Diver,
This is what worries me.

I have been diagnosed with acute hcv by my doctors.The infection is recent
I had sex with a call girl on 15th August.

My cd4 count on 12th September and 10th October were 857 and 454 respectively.

I have tested negative (rapid test) in India after 57 days of exposure.

Can my acute hepaatitis c delay the production of hiv antibodies ?

Please answer.

8 weeks antibody rapid test is highly reassuring and very highly unlikely to turn otherwise in next 4 weeks but still it is not conclusive. CD4 test was un-necessary in your case. This is not a primary screening test
Diver, what percentage of people produce detectable antibodies by week 8?

Have you ever seen, heard about someone who was negative at week 8 and who turned positive later?