HIV Prevention Community
support forum

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

support forum

Hey guys. I appreciate that some of the moderators in this forum get tired of being asked the same questions about possible HIV exposure, whether or not it is high or low risk, but I find that some of the responses offered are a little abrasive and dissmissive. It is these support forums that a person turns to in a scary and uncertain period of their life, and in that, they should feel that they can ask any question in confidence without being ridiculed or alienated. If not, these people will feel thEy can't ven seek reassurance here. So I askrhe moderators to be considerate of this and understand the posts perhaps don't have the same insight into HIV as them. A little bit of education with your replies GPRS a long way to lower anxiety, bolster confidence in your replies and help the poster o make better decisions in the future. Yours, sam.
  • Which test? (2 replies):
    HI everybody! Which test is the best one to do if the r...[more]
  • ARS (1 replies):
    This is my last question on this community... plz someon...[more]
  • hiv risk? (16 replies):
    Hi, a couple of days ago i met a man at his home and we ...[more]
  • Mutral masterbation (2 replies):
    Has anyone ever been effected, by mutral masterbation, e...[more]
  • anyone (1 replies):
    Hey can someone help me with an answer for the first pos...[more]
Sorry to post this. 'to the point' or not, you guys give up your time to provide agreat service.
THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF POSTS ON THIS FORUM THAT YOU CAN READ TO GET EDUCATED ABOUT HIV.

* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.

DITTO !!

-JC-
Agree with Lizzie.

You have to understand the volunteers' perspective. This is a busy forum and we handle many of the same questions everyday. We cover most (and usually almost all) of the posts here, which I think is pretty remarkable. Visit some of the other forums on MH and look at all of the unanswered posts. There just isn't time to provide repeated, detailed explanations, nor should we be obligated to when the answers can be readily found.

And this is a risk assessment forum, NOT a support forum for your anxiety. I created a separate forum for that purpose.
When you see us using strong language toward someone, it is usually after repeated inquiries which had been answered accurately though NOT to the the person's satisfaction. They have come here usually out of irrational fear which has incorrectly caused then to be convinced that they are HIV infected. After indulging and coddling them repeatedly to no avail, we sometimes have no choice but to reach out and cyber-slap these people form their hysteria.  We do NOT wish to humiliate, mock or make light of their psychopathology.There are limitations to what we can provide in this setting. There is NO such thing as a Stupid question, but what irks me personally is when someone ellicits my knowledge that I've worked to attain for so many years. When I provide an answer which I know to be factual, they put more effort into refuting it and talking themselves out of a "NEGATIVE" HIV result, than absorbing an element of reality.

-JC-