HIV Prevention Community
swollen glands( lymph nodes)

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

swollen glands( lymph nodes)

I had a vaginal sex with condom, but i made a mistake which was i used double condom. I thought that is more safe but than i learnt it is not good...
And also my partners vaginal liquid transmitted my hands and in my finger, there was small a scurf...

7 days later after sex, i had a sore throat, after this, very strong  muscle aches had started at the  second week, i had  swollen glands( lymph nodes) in groin, under my chin, and armpit. They are still exist and also i am in 43 rd day.  For three days i had a rash on my hip for three days...And also i have pain abdoman(abdomen, kidney area)

After that i went to laboratory for test at 23 rd day. This test is VIDAS HIV DUO test, you know which is for P24 antigen and HIV 1/2 antibody. And this result is negative. But i still afraid too much...

Yes i will go antibody test again at 13 rd week but, what do you thing about my test result?  Can i trust a little this VIDAS HIV DUO test in the 23rd day...

Please help me, my symptons are really strong... swollen glands are afraid me too much because they are getting bigger and located  different three area...
Is it sound like HIV or any STD or something else...

Thanks for your answers...
Doctor on forum has said that DUO test at 3 weeks is 90% reliable.  Your risk was protected, hence no risk really.  You should feel pretty good that you are negative.  You are also correct that only 3 months is conclusive so if you stil have doubts go at 3 motnhs
thanks for your answer but i am really afraid of swollen glands( lymph nodes) in groin, under my chin, and armpit. They are still exist and they started to swollen two week after the sex...
Do you have any idea for this?
You did not have a risk of contracting HIV. See your doctor if you believe your lympth nodes are swollen. You don't need to have an HIV test.
Thanks Teak, but i was drunk a little that night...I used double condom but they were always in my pocket for a week..Than i read, this damage the condoms.. Because human tempreture is really high for condom...
And also, when the vaginal liquid was transmitted my fingers, i did not wash my hands well, that  a few minutes later after the sex, i found wound(injury) which is a little bloody... Then i tocuhed it...
So maybe the virus transmitted after that...
Is it possibele? Because in the internet it is written that, there different swollen area usually means HIV, and also it started to swollen two weeks later after sex?
What do you think about this?

No, it's not possible. You didn't have a risk, the condoms didn't fail. Never double up on comes, or you'll be looking for a failure.
Thanks,
But what do you think about my swollen glands( lymph nodes) in groin, under my chin, and armpit. They started two weeks later after the sex?
Is it possible for another disease? But three different place....
If you are concerned, see your doctor. It has nothing to do with HIV.
for about this question 3 months ago, i had hepatit vaccine...Does it change the result of HIV test and also does it affect of seroconversion time period of HIV antivirus. Because some web sites are written if you were infecte bot  Hepatit and HIV together, you have to test after 6 months...
What do you think about this?
please listen...YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK.  it doesn't matter what kind of vaccine you had or even how many.  it doesn't matter how long you feel you need to test out to...it doesn't matter about the seroconversion time period.  none of this matters because YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK.  no one...not even teak, can tell you why your nodes are swollen...this could be caused from many, many illnesses.  no one here is a doctor.  but please listen...YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK.