HIV Prevention Community
swollen glands

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

swollen glands

Do swollen glands from hiv constantly appear and disappear sometimes for several months or do they only appear during ars. Would heavy alcohol drinking make your hiv swollen glands reappear. Would they be swollen all over the body or just in a few places. Does a hiv rash on the face present itself only during ars or consistently for years afterwards.
What was your risk?
Could you please answer the question first or somebody who knows the physical symptoms of HIV answer it, thank you.
swollen lymph nodes from ars are generalized throughout the body.

drinking alcohol plays no part in ars swollen nodes.
Thank you Lizzie. By generalised does that mean any of them can come up at any given time with no rhyme or reason? I don't tend to feel any great swelling more of a kind of stinging under my arms and a bubbling feeling in my groin. With regards the rash when I had what I think was ARS my face went very red and seems to have looked kind of red and sunkissed ever since. Other than that I haven't had any ongoing symptoms and it is now 2 and a half years since possible exposure. Thanks for your calm advice
What was your risk? It's often better to talk about risk then "symptoms".
I could let you hazard a guess the problem is I know the answer and then the discussion is over but it doesn't stop me being scared.
How can you convince yourself something really isno risk? That is a genuine question now, if Oral is really no risk I don't understand how myself and my partner had flu like symptoms within 2 weeks of that exposure. I wish I could just let it be but I am going crazy.
Ummm maybe a cold or the flu, that is always the likely answer.

So have you posted here before because you seem reluctant to talk about risk.
It was oral sec vancer, with a man. Not proud ok. I just wish it was widely accepted everywhere what constitutes a risk and what doesn't. I am not here to provoke anger I am just scared and looking for help. You will say no risk, I will remain scared, you will get annoyed and I will achieve nothing. How did you end up here vance did you have a risk?
No I did not have a risk for HIV.

Well if you know what we are going to say then I am not sure what else we can tell you. Or what else we can do for you.
I appreciate you taking the time to comment, thanks.