HIV Prevention Community
swollen lymph node in groin

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

swollen lymph node in groin

I have a swollen lymph node in my groin area it is tender to the touch. I went to the doctor and she said she found bv, and an excessive amount of white cells in my discharge. Does this mean I am at risk for hiv or another std?? I had sex last tuesday and the condom broke before he could ejaculate but that doesnt mean I did not come into to contact with what is called precum. However, I started to notice a excessive amount of white runny fishy smelling discharge and pain in the lymphe node on my right side also i had low back pain for a couple of days. I had a shot and 4 pills that are supposed to treat both chlamydia and gonnereah. I just want to know should I be worried about it being more than these curable stds or should I start preparing my self for the worst.

The doctor could not diagnose me with either std because my blood test hasn't come back yet but I am still concerned because the pain in my groin has gotten worse sense yesterday.
ARS symptoms don't come on that quick and there are no pain due to lymph node swelling. Keep working with your doctor.
what do you mean my no pain?? what could this uncomfortable sensation be ????
everything you are describing can be attributed to a std...including the swollen lymph nodes.

if you are concerned about being exposed to hiv...(being with a partner whose status you're not sure about)...then you should test for not only other stds...but hiv as well.